1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Obama offers millions in Muslim technology fund

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Bluzman98, Oct 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bluzman98

Bluzman98 Member

The MOTUS (Muslim Of The US) just keeps getting worse. See the above URL.

Jim C

2. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

When will you all realize he wants to convert the world to raggyism!? Tom Rhoads

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

"In what may be one of the defining moments of his presidency, Obama laid out a new blueprint for US Middle East policy, pledged to end mistrust, forge a state for Palestinians and defuse a nuclear showdown with Iran."

How's that workin out for y'all, Bammie boy?

Seems like Iran don't want to play house wit youse.

I don't think it would go well to have all thaT expense right now seeing the state of our economy.

Maybe he will take what he guts from Medicare for it since the great health package don't kick in for 5 years.

That's a good deal, y'know, pay for ten years to get 5 years of coverage.

My insurance guy is studying closely to figger out how this is done. He already has his order in for a new Hummer.

HM

4. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

My take on it all is this is just a stepping stone for the exhalted one. First POTUS, and while there, sign everything over to UN control, then....Sec. General of the UN,i.e. Ruler of the World.

5. Bluzman98

Bluzman98 Member

6. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Sure am glad ACORN got stomped, aren't you?

"Democrats Vote To Give ACORN Regulatory Authority Over Financial Institutions

WASHINGTON - During consideration of H.R. 3126, legislation to establish a Consumer Financial Protection Agency (CFPA), Democrats on the House Financial Services Committee voted to pass an amendment offered by Rep. Maxine Waters (D-CA) that will make ACORN eligible to play a role in setting regulations for financial institutions.

The Waters amendment adds to the CFPA Oversight Board 5 representatives from the fields of "consumer protection, fair lending and civil rights, representatives of depository institutions that primarily serve underserved communities, or representatives of communities that have been significantly impacted by higher-priced mortgages" to join Federal banking regulators in advising the Director on the consistency of proposed regulations, and strategies and policies that the Director should undertake to enforce its rules.

By making representatives of ACORN and other consumer activist organizations eligible to serve on the Oversight Board, the amendment creates a potentially enormous government sanctioned conflict of interest. ACORN-type organizations will have an advisory role on regulating the very financial institutions from which they receive millions of dollars annually in direct corporate contributions and benefit from other financial partnerships and arrangements. These are the same organizations that pressured banks to make subprime mortgage loans and thus bear a major responsibility for the collapse of the housing market.

In light of recent evidence linking ACORN to possible criminal activity, Democrats took an unprecedented step today to give ACORN a potential role alongside bank regulators in overseeing financial institutions. This is contrary to recent actions taken by the Senate and House to block federal funds to ACORN.

A recent inquiry into bank funding of ACORN activities by three House Committees found that institutions that would be regulated by the CFPA have provided millions of dollars to the organization in the form of direct donations, lines of credit, cash, and other assets over the last 15 years."

7. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Letting Acorn have any role in the CFPA is like putting the coyote in with the hens. It's the most blatantly corrupt thing that I've seen the democrats do so far. The more I hear about Maxine Waters, the more I dislike her.

8. ferlach

ferlach Member

The fact of the matter is that Obama is elected president and there is nothing you can do about it expect grinding your teeth.

9. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

khan,,,,you are quite WRONG with your apathy,,,,we CAN continue to hold his and congress's feet to the fire,,,,Glenn Beck, Rush, Levin, the Tea Parties, Town Hall Meetings will keep these roached in the light,,,,but WE MUST continue this through the elections of 2010 and 2012!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.