1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Obama not so tied down to the left wing!

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Trappy12, Jun 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

Glad to see this article pop up. Obama increasing troops in Afghanistan is excellent, after all, it is where we were supposed to be in the first place. It's great to see that he isn't afraid of taking care of business where it needs to be done. Also, seems to be drifting further and further away from the healthcare system, another plus. Maybe soon we will be seeing him drift further and further away from any gun legislation. Haven't heard much fact about Obama pushing gun legislation, hopefully it keeps up, and if we're lucky it will end up with him leaving everything as is.
    -Trappy

2. bocephus

bocephus Member

trappy you are so gullible I almost feel sorry for you. The media only tells us what they want us to hear......

trappy as eager as you are to latch on to obamas nipple, why don't you do some research and find out some real facts instead of the dnc talking points. A supposed youngster like you should be able to produce all sorts of "facts" in no time with your internet experience. My sons research everything to make sure it is factual prior to passing it on to help alert all they can to what is going on. Even an old codger such as myself can even find a wealth of information out there. It also helps you to learn to think for yourself instead of just what obama wants you to think, and sadly you have just gone through 12 years of propaganda and indoctrination.

Just trying to help trappy, there is still hope..... have a nice day :)

3. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

Yes, but just because it's what many would view as a good thing about Obama doesn't mean it's not true. Likewise, anything that's against Obama isn't automatically true, which seems to be the common definition of anything factual around here. As for it being propaganda, well, correct me if I'm wrong but propaganda is all about helping or hurting a person or a cause, so therefore everything you say that is against Obama is also propaganda. Those are where your faults lie.
    -Trappy

4. bocephus

bocephus Member

on second thought..........

5. waterhouselake

waterhouselake TS Member

Trappy ...when are you enlisting to fight for your Messiah?

6. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Yeah, if you think Afganistan is the place to be, maybe you should go there.

7. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Trappy does not have a military obligation, as most of us did. What a pity.

He is denied the opportunity to shirk by going into the guard, or being a student till he is too old for service, or any of the other shucks the upper class used in those days.

Maybe he can become a community organizer.

HM

8. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

There is a key difference between Iraq and Afghanistan. Iraq is winnable, Afghanistan isn't. Obama, the left's Messiah, is fighting a losing cause. You can already see what a fool Obama and all his supporters were. In attacking Bush they lost all sense of reality. Obama still has troops all over the world. He will get us into more wars not less. The left loves to talk about love and understanding between all the nations of the world. Until they get into power and then realize it is a little more complicated than all that cheap left-wing commie talk. Where Obama is keeping his word is in this country. He promised communism and he is delivering. We are seeing our freedom erode day by day. His progress on that front has been astounding. I never knew before Obama and his sick Democrat friends in the Congress and the media how fragile our freedoms here at home are. Like all great nations before, we are falling from the rot within.

9. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

trappy 12,

I am glad that it is you and not I who will have to live most of his life in a dramtically changed America. Dr. Thomas Sowell said on Sunday that this country has already been so changed that it cannot return to what it was just 4 short months ago. Perhaps that is OK with you but wait until the other shoe drops.

I often hear that Obama has only been in office for 120 days and that we should "give the guy a chance". He has already done more harm to the economy and our freedoms than the Nazis, the Imperial Japanese and the Soviet Union combined ever did. He needs more time to complete the job? Then what will we have become - Sweeden?

Don't get so attached to trapshooting or your guns because your buddies will be coming for them too.

10. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

Ok, see now you guys are proving my point completely. Just because it is showing something that Obama is doing well doesn't mean it is false, made up or whatever. Some of it is, no doubt, but there are also factual articles. This is one of them. If someone can explain to me where the lies are in this, I'll be happy to listen. As far as going to Afghanistan, the joining the Marines is something I've looked into a bit, and is one of my options post-high school.
    -Trappy

11. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

When I was young and right out of college I believed a lot of this left-wing liberal crap too. I hated Reagan and voted for Carter. That is how you conform when you are young. You become a liberal. Then if you have a brain you start to see that liberalism is based on lie after lie. That it doesn't work. I think you should join the marines. It would force you to grow up quicker.

12. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

This is from a cop I know in Panama City. Change you can believe in. Wait 'til you turn in your guns.

"We had a bit of a rash of unusual incidents of Battery this spring break. Groups of black guys would walk down the street and for No reason whatsoever, they would start beating on a white guy. It happened quite a number of times, always at nite of course, it happened FAST, and the perps were always gone when we got there. One guy said that while the perps were beating on him, AND EVERYONE JUST STOOD AROUND AND WATCHED, they said this was "payback since Obama is president" or something along those lines. Im betting this is a loosely organized thing among text/cell networks."

13. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Trappy, it must be nice at your age to have all the answers1

14. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

Bruce, I have no answers, why do you think I get in discussions? Makes me learn a thing or too.

But guys still answer my question, can anyone point out where the lies in that article are?
    -Trappy

15. bocephus

bocephus Member

little trappy, I read the article, all he is doing is trying to look a bit more conservative to persuade more moderates and conservatives to view him as less liberal. By no means has he given up on any of his goals, but by appearing to be more conservative, some will let their guard down and feel all fuzzy inside- like you do when you sit there at your computer and stare at that poster of your saviour obama on the wall.

Do a little research trappy, hopefully some of this will help to enlighten you and understand better what is really going on.

What went unreported during the week they grilled AIG for giving pre-approved bonuses to employees? In other words, AIG was a smokescreen to keep us from seeing what?

What is obama's stand on gun control?

There will be more questions later but we don't want to overload you all at once, looking forward to your answers.

btw I didn't see anyone say that article is all lies, but I do see deception.

16. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

Look into the person that wrote the article.

17. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

EE, I did not elaborate. Guard service in my day was well known as the way to avoid Nam.

Of course, I should have known someone wouldn't catch my drift.

HM

18. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

What was it the article said, only 19 perent of Americans identify themsleves as liberals. A lot of what Obama does is guided by polls just like Clinton. Liberals in the White House know they can't get everything they want. They have to pick and choose their battles. Obama knows that one good hit on American soil by terrorists and he is finished as president. He will do what he has to to keep himself in control. He is a far left liberal, but above that his main concern is to himself and his power. I think, like Johnson in Vietnam, he will fail in Afghanistan. Afghanistan is a series of small villages and tribes each with their own changing center of power and loyalties. Pakistan is right next door to flee to when needed. The terrain is easy to hide in. You can't deprive these people of anything because they don't have anything. It makes them very resilient. Obama is stuck there because liberals kept saying over and over that the real battle is in Afghanistan and not in Iraq. Be careful what you wish for.

19. Guard Rail

Guard Rail TS Member

Little Trappy is playing you guys like a broken record. Think back to when you were seventeen, and tell yourself what you were thinking about.

BK

20. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Time to ignore Trappy's political diatribes. He's become the biggest fisherperson here and doesn't deserve our attention. Close him out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.