1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Obama makes a surprising play for gun-toters

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Joe Potosky, Aug 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

Obama makes a surprising play for gun-toters who support conservation

AURORA, Colo. — John Gale grew up in rural Idaho, where he jokes about being born with a fishing “rod in one hand and a gun in the other.” A fifth-generation descendant of Western pioneers, he grew up in a family of conservative ranchers and farmers and even spent some time working in state Republican politics before relocating to Colorado. These days, he spends about a third of the year outdoors hunting and fishing.

Every East Coaster’s stereotype of a gun-toting, knee-jerk, Obama-hating conservative, right?

Wrong. Gale, an independent voter, cast his ballot for Barack Obama in 2008. And while he’s still undecided this time around, he’s hardly fleeing from the president’s tent.

The reason: Conservation policy matters deeply to him, perhaps more than any other issue.

“Obama has done a lot for sportsmen and natural resources,” Gale said in an interview after shooting clay pigeons with a reporter — with 12- and 28-gauge shotguns — in a state park here recently. “We’ve got to make sure that the same places that I learned to hunt and fish with my dad, that my daughter can someday go learn to hunt and fish in the same places.

“Conservation is not political,” Gale said. “It transcends all party affiliations, and what we need to do is reinspire Americans to hold the value of being stewards of our natural resources highly again.”

READ ARTICLE

http://www.thedaily.com/article/2012/08/24/082412-news-campaign-sportsmen/

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

There will be no guns in the Rex 84 internment centers.

HM

3. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Like, what has he done????

4. kgp912kgp

kgp912kgp Active Member

I too would like to know the answer to Rick's question...

5. Trail

Trail Active Member

You mean....sportsman are supposed to care about the environment? What a novel idea...actually worrying about A PLACE TO HUNT, clean water and air to breath!. Kind of interesting since most of us back a party that wants to burn more oil, loosen rules on wetlands and privatize public lands. Oh ya...global warming doesnt exist either. Wow...I need to consider this.

Trail

6. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Sounds more like he is "stuck on stupid"!!!!

“Conservation is not political,” Gale said.

enough said!! Sierra Club anyone??? PETA???? ELF/ALF??? Democrats????

7. Trail

Trail Active Member

wetlands, air, water, land access, Ducks to hunt, deer to hunt, nesting areas?

8. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

The Sierra Club loves all animals except man

9. NJCOP

NJCOP TS Member

Okay, so hear's he truth! The Obama Camp has this guys family held hostage with explosive collars around their necks and if he doesn't lie about how the POTUS is pro gunner, the POTUS will ignite the collars and low their heads off.

I saw it in the movie, "The Wild Wild West"

10. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

LOL that is a good one!!

Trail, don't know what your question is, but I am for protecting all that, BUT not the way the Government agency's have been doing it!!

They only know that "pressure" comes from the Greenies/Eco-freaks(law suits) and bend to their ideology's, that only leads to MORE damage then good!

Catpower, the Sierra Club only LOVE'S money!!! There is a eye opening story about the SC Leader in Oregon who seen what a single load of logs off his property netted him and in turn Clear Cutted the rest of it!!!! When he was turned in by the logging company(the fallers)His log house was "found" and was calculated, HAD the logs gone to the mill it would have built like 16 stick framed houses!!!

The green movement(former hippies)are just Hippocrates!

11. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Timberfaller, the Sierra Club is a bunch of kooks

They are against coal and oil fired plants, too dirty, they are against nukes too dangerous, they are against hydro because of spawning fish, the are against wind power kills too many birds, they are against solar because it ruins habitat

The have filed lawsuits against all of the above

Where in the hell do they expect to get electricity from?

They should have to sit in the dark

12. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    What a tool.

13. kgp912kgp

kgp912kgp Active Member

It is now time to call it a day from work and no one has posted 1 time that Obumma has helped my kids or our wildlife or shooting life style. I will keep my vote as is.

REPUBLICAN ALL THE WAY

14. bill1949

bill1949 Well-Known Member

That guy must be brain dead...Bill

15. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

I'm betting that Mr. Gale is another one of Ali-bama's Twitter Ghosts. Read the story and howl. Nothing about this man-boy is real...........nothing!

Kip

16. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

There is no reason on God's earth worth putting that jack--- back in the White House for another four years. Period!

Buz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.