1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Obama lawyer laughed at in Supreme Court

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Brian in Oregon, Mar 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
  2. Brady509

Brady509 Well-Known Member

That was classic. Was in on hannity today? If not I'm tuning in tomorrow for sure.

3. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

They have been laughing since the disaster of 2008.

4. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

I find it interesting Obama has made himself scarce on the second anniversary of his heathcare passing and it being heard by the SCOTUS this week.

Some think if it is overturned, it might help get Obama re-elected?!?!?!?!?!?!

5. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Glad they brought up today things like;

Why can people be made to by brocolli, since everybody eats food.

Why are some people exempt from the mandate, Native Americans and Muslims??

6. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

I was reading on Newsmax that the 5 conservative judges are leaning real hard against the health care law

Damn I hope they over rule it

It would be so good to hear the rep candidate when he asks Obozo, What have you accomplished in you first term, and Obozo would have to answer, Nothin

7. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Justice Kennedy asked a question today, "what would stop the government from making everyone buy a certain food"

8. glenns

glenns Member

Don't you guys care that the people paying for healthcare insurance are subsidizing the ones without it?

I could retire early if I had a solution for healthcare insurance before medicare kicks in at 65.

9. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Glenn won't we still be subsidizing it if the law goes into effect?

And then we can have a bureaucrat tell us what we can have done and when?

10. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    This whole "health care reform" scheme had nothing to do with reform. It was a scam simply to transfer health care insurance from millions who pay for it to millions who never have and never will. This will be done via increased premiums and then rationing what you get back. And the "death panels"? Call it what you will but there will be age based rationing.

11. glenns

glenns Member

So how do we get the cost of healthcare under control? I've read stories where doctors do procedures just because.....

And they treat patients without health insurance like dirt.

Isn't the goverment going to bear some of the costs through tax credits?

12. 2500 HD

2500 HD Active Member

The government doesn't have any money... They use your and my money. They do not pay for anything. YOU DO!!!!!

13. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

"I could retire early if I had a solution for healthcare insurance before medicare kicks in at 65."

The solution to your problem is government mandated subsidiy's.

If that is what you truly want why work at all? You could join the ranks of welfare recipients. "Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty-ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime."

Robert

14. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

I think we need healthcare reform in this country, but more along the lines of making hospitals and doctors post their prices for their services, and the amount of reduced pricing with insurance. Sure, a doctor or hospital can charge what they want, (free enterprise) but I can decide if the provider is worth it or seek care elsewhere. There is a big difference in price for the same services between different providers. Also, why is it that a doctor will accept say $400.00 for a procedure from insurance, but charge $1,800.00 to an individual. No wonder people can't pay for healthcare.

Also, keeping people out of emergency rooms when they don't have an emergency would be a relief to the cost of health care, and keeping the illegal aliens out as well should be mandated. Yeah, I'm an evil person for saying that, but I wouldn't take my chances in a foreign hospital nor would I expect to be treated in a foreign hospital. Needless to say, I have not and will not leave this country, ever.

The fact that health insurance companies and their lobbyist did not object to Obama's health care reform tells me it was good for them, which translates into bad for us. Further, one good healthcare reform would be to cap the amount that health insurance premiums can raise in a year, say not more than the typical cost of living increase. Insurance companies will claim, "what if a person has a lot of health issues in a year? So what? When we don't have any health issues and don't use the insurance, do we get a reduction of our premium? Nope.

My point is that we don't need a 3,000 page law full of stuff that not one of the politicians in Washington have fully read or understood, to start making some common sense changes that would result in greater savings to patients and a greater likelihood of payment to the healthcare providers for the services provided. But then we are talking about Washington, D.C. and there is no such thing as common sense there.

John

15. glenns

glenns Member

I'm not looking for handouts from the government for healthcare but I would like to be able to get health insurance at a reasonable premium. I'm almost 60 years old - I take medication for: (1) high blood pressure; and (2) gout.

I'd like to retire but need health insurance.

What is the chance that I can find private health insurance at a reasonable rate? I don't think I'll like the answer.

16. Oscar Ray

Oscar Ray TS Member

Im sick and tired of paying for health care for those that will not work PERIOD!

I am sick of all these social programs that are paid for with tax payer money, ,If you are on government assistance, you should have to take a drug test, the employees that pay for this stuff have to take one.

Welfare, SHOULD NOT BE FOR A LIFETIME!!!! Get off your lazy ass and work 3 jobs if you have to, no more than 6 months of welfare.

Oscar

17. crusha

crusha TS Member

"Justice #5," Kennedy, I predict has about 30% chance of voting "our way" on this issue. He is simply one of these commie Republican compromiser types who doesn't want to be on the "wrong side of history." If he thought the Republicans in the House would fall into line like obedient little whores, and help "fix" this legislation, he would strike it down, I think. But he knows the Republicans have no interest in making this law succeed. He knows if he strikes it down, it will be 10 years before America gets another chance to pass a similar bill.

This is his chance to be the "Justice Who Upheld Health Care for Everyone."

Our best chance to win, is somehow convincing Kennedy that the Obama law will _not_ in fact be dismantled, just because the individual mandate isn't upheld (which, in fact, is probably a true statement, and even liberals are saying so). The liberal lawyers are arguing for all they're worth that striking down the I/M will destroy the bill, when they in fact know that isn't the case. It only affects a small number of people, and the massive, rumbling apparatus of the Obamacare Law (State exchanges, etc.) will come into being in a couple years, regardless what the Supreme Court says on this particular point.

(But hey...on the other hand...Kennedy DID properly realize that corporations are, in fact, people...so maybe he'll make another correct decision here...that was for you, Trappy, you little com-symp).

18. Gunn

Gunn TS Member

Luvs2Shoot: Let me see if I can clear up some of this. I own a DME (Medical Supply) we work off the same princapal as doctors. If you accept Medicare or the major insurance companies, you state you will accept allowable fees. So it doesn't matter what you charge, you only get allowable. i.e. I sale a CPAP to someone at $150.00 a month for 13 months. But allowable is $111.10 a month for 3 months, then $75.00 A month for 10 months. Medicare and major insurance agree to pay 80% of this, with the patient paying 20%. So that is what I agreed to accept. Now someone can look on the web and see a CPAP for $750.00. Why do I get this much? Be cause I will bill his insurance, they will not. I will do all the reports the insurance requires and not bill for them, the web people will not. I am the one they can call 24/7, the web is another no, etc. Now if I can find someone to pay the $150.00 a month, 2 things can happen they pay it or they ask for a reduced rate. You say people don't know this, well they need to read their EOB's (Explaination Of Benefits) it clearly states what is usual and customary. Doctors work the same way. If Obamacare passes, I will be working for the government for minimum wage. Tim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.