1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Obama, Just Another Crooked IL. Politician.

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by JBrooks, Mar 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

"One of Obama's Earmark Requests Was for the Hospital That Employs Michelle Obama

Dan Riehl notes, via Amanda Carpenter, that in the list of earmarks he requested, $1 million was requested for the construction of a new hospital pavilion at the University Of Chicago. The request was put in in 2006.

You know who works for the University of Chicago Hospital?

Michelle Obama. She's vice president of community affairs.

As Byron noted, "In 2006, the Chicago Tribune reported that Mrs. Obama’s compensation at the University of Chicago Hospital, where she is a vice president for community affairs, jumped from $121,910 in 2004, just before her husband was elected to the Senate, to $316,962 in 2005, just after he took office.""

Not bad, he sends the hospital $1 million and his wife gets a $200,000 raise.

2. KenC

KenC Member

Unbelievable, but it happens every day, and on both sides of the aisle. There's no limit to it. Those people have no shame.

3. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Let hillary and Obama bloody one another - and let's help where we can. I would love to see a damaged Dem candidate in the general election.

4. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

birddog, do we even need to help!!! It seems to me that they are doing each other in rather nicely by themselves. LOL LOL. I hope they keep up the good work. All good. Break-em all. Jeff

5. magnumthunder

magnumthunder Member

Deckart the Obama supporter! On a gun sight too!!! HMMMM!

6. J.Woolsey

J.Woolsey Member

As I said on another thread Deckart, ask your Democrat contolled House and Congress. The House voted down the End Earmarks bill, yesterday. Yes Republicans were in on it also, but it was overwhelmingly Democrat backed. By the way McCain voted to end it as he has never taken any earmarks (PORK) back to Arizona. Both Ossama and Hillary voted against ending them. Woolsey

7. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Actually there were 12.6 million in earmarks for Michelle's emmployer. Mash the link for details.

Her employer got pretty good bang for the buck, it would seem.

HM

8. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Deckart is using the typical liberal tactic of trying to change the subject. Start your own thread about Repubs or whatever. This thread is about a crook sending his wife's employer millions of dollars and she getting a $200,000+ "raise".

9. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

His recent ties to his wacko-pastor Dr. Jeremiah Wright is going to bury this clown once and for all and now that John McCain is going to appoint Collin Powell it will be game set and match for the GOP.....Hellary won't even touch him now for V.P. consideration....For those of you that don't know about this wacko read all about it!!! This is the guys that gave Barack Hussein the motivation to write his book and actually inspired the title from one of his sermons! I was watching some footage of this nutcase last night and could not believe what I was hearing! God Damn America was actually screamed into a microphone!

The Rev. Jeremiah Wright, Obama's pastor for the last 20 years at the Trinity United Church of Christ on Chicago's south side, has a long history of what even Obama's campaign aides concede is "inflammatory rhetoric," including the assertion that the United States brought on the 9/11 attacks with its own "terrorism." In a campaign appearance earlier this month, Sen. Obama said, "I don't think my church is actually particularly controversial." He said Rev. Wright "is like an old uncle who says things I don't always agree with," telling a Jewish group that everyone has someone like that in their family.

Rev. Wright married Obama and his wife Michelle, baptized their two daughters and is credited by Obama for the title of his book, "The Audacity of Hope."

An ABC News review of dozens of Rev. Wright's sermons, offered for sale by the church, found repeated denunciations of the U.S. based on what he described as his reading of the Gospels and the treatment of black Americans.

"The government gives them the drugs, builds bigger prisons, passes a three-strike law and then wants us to sing 'God Bless America.' No, no, no, God damn America, that's in the Bible for killing innocent people," he said in a 2003 sermon. "God damn America for treating our citizens as less than human. God damn America for as long as she acts like she is God and she is supreme."

In addition to damning America, he told his congregation on the Sunday after Sept. 11, 2001 that the United States had brought on al Qaeda's attacks because of its own terrorism.

"We bombed Hiroshima, we bombed Nagasaki, and we nuked far more than the thousands in New York and the Pentagon, and we never batted an eye," Rev. Wright said in a sermon on Sept. 16, 2001.

"We have supported state terrorism against the Palestinians and black South Africans, and now we are indignant because the stuff we have done overseas is now brought right back to our own front yards. America's chickens are coming home to roost," he told his congregation.

Obama's Pastor: God Damn America, U.S. to Blame for 9/11
    12Next
    | Read All 1274 Comments and Obama's Pastor, Rev. Jeremiah Wright, Has a History of What Even Obama's Campaign Aides Say Is 'Inflammatory Rhetoric'Font Size

Print
    Share Sen. Obama told the New York Times he was not at the church on the day of Rev. Wright's 9/11 sermon. "The violence of 9/11 was inexcusable and without justification," Obama said in a recent interview. "It sounds like he was trying to be provocative," Obama told the paper.

Rev. Wright, who announced his retirement last month, has built a large and loyal following at his church with his mesmerizing sermons, mixing traditional spiritual content and his views on contemporary issues.

"I wouldn't call it radical. I call it being black in America," said one congregation member outside the church last Sunday.

"He has impacted the life of Barack Obama so much so that he wants to portray that feeling he got from Rev. Wright onto the country because we all need something positive," said another member of the congregation.

Rev. Wright, who declined to be interviewed by ABC News, is considered one of the country's 10 most influential black pastors, according to members of the Obama campaign.

Obama has praised at least one aspect of Rev. Wright's approach, referring to his "social gospel" and his focus on Africa, "and I agree with him on that."

Sen. Obama declined to comment on Rev. Wright's denunciations of the United States, but a campaign religious adviser, Shaun Casey, appearing on "Good Morning America" Thursday, said Obama "had repudiated" those comments.

In a statement to ABCNews.com, Obama's press spokesman Bill Burton said, "Sen. Obama has said repeatedly that personal attacks such as this have no place in this campaign or our politics, whether they're offered from a platform at a rally or the pulpit of a church. Sen. Obama does not think of the pastor of his church in political terms. Like a member of his family, there are things he says with which Sen. Obama deeply disagrees. But now that he is retired, that doesn't detract from Sen. Obama's affection for Rev. Wright or his appreciation for the good works he has done."

You are only as good as the company you keep!It was just a matter of time before Barack is shown for what he really is and the skeletons just keep coming out of the closet....

10. halfmile

Noose time.

HM

11. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Obama,Balgovicih,just two more names to add to the list or corupt politicians that we raise here in the Land of Lincoln. Our state I am embaressed to say is strife with corruption at the state level. We have a long histroy of state politics and corruption both republican and democrat. Interesting that in Illinois we have never covicted a seated govenor! Which raises the question why in the world to I live in this freakin state?

12. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

Make you a bet. That if Obama gets the popular and the delegate vote but not enough for nomination and it goes to the super delegates he is dead in the water.

The super delegates will look at the states that Hellery won and count the electoral votes. And decide that she has the big state votes in the electoral college.

When this happens the black will not show up to vote at all with 90+% voting for Obama in the primaries.

So for now just sit back and enjoy the inter-party fighting. It is just starting to get good.

Rock

Jim

13. halfmile

Hey, I'm not a FIB but this Obama guy is a piker.

Rostenkowski knew how, bada bing.

HM

14. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Now deckart, we know you are just some snotnose, anti-gun, liberal troll that comes on this site to cause trouble. Run along.

15. crusha

crusha TS Member

Hillary will be President.

America will survive.

16. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

deckart, such typical liberal tripe, changing the subject, implying I'm a racist, etc. Using the same argument techniques like the kid bringing up McCain. Obama is an empty suit that makes Dan Quyale look like an intellectual. If you are over 50, you must not be very smart to still be a liberal supporting people who want to take away your "many guns". Now, I am done with you, waddle along.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.