1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Obama gets slammed @ his twitter town hall

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Barrelbulge(Fl), Jul 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Obama (Charles Dharapak/AP)
    When the White House announced that President Obama would hold a "Twitter Town Hall" in July by answering questions posed through the social media site, Republicans in Washington jumped at the opportunity, inundating the platform with questions, snarky comments and calls for action.

The president answered a series of questions, not all of them total softballs, including one from Republican House Speaker John Boehner, who posted dozens of questions for Obama on his page.

"After embarking on a record spending binge that left us deeper in debt, where are the jobs?" Boehner asked.

Obama chuckled, and called Boehner's question "slightly skewed."

Through a spokesman, the Speaker fired back: "'Where are the jobs?' isn't a 'skewed question' to the millions of Americans who lost jobs since President Obama's failed 'stimulus' spending binge began," Boehner spokesman Brendan Buck told Politico.

Scores of other Republican members of Congress took the opportunity to pose their own questions, although all but Boehner's failed to yield a reply

"Why do you refuse to reform entitlements?" asked Rep. Joe Walsh of Illinois. "They're on an unsustainable path & reform saves them AND cuts debt."

"House Republicans have passed a budget to lift the historic debt and put Hoosiers back to work #askobama about his budget," read Indiana Rep. Marlin Stutzman's account.

House Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan, one of the most well-known Republicans in the chamber, came out swinging with his tweet, challenging the president to a debate.

"Fearmongering won't solve our debt crisis. Americans deserve a real debate," Ryan said. "You pick: when and where?

But the most ambitious effort to alter the event's message came from the United States Chamber of Commerce, a pro-business group that took on a heap of criticism from Obama during the 2010 mid-term elections.

Coordinating with Twitter's new advertising capabilities, the Chamber paid to have its profile featured on the site during the town hall, spending what it called a "significant" amount on the event.

The group also urged supporters to post questions about jobs and the economy to the president through their Twitter accounts. The Chamber blasted out an email asking supporters to post the question: "Will you help businesses and free enterprise create #jobs by getting government out of the way?"

You can catch video highlights of the Twitter Town Hall here.

2. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

He won't answer questions he doesn't understand. DUHH!

3. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

He won't answer questions he doesn't understand. DUHH! After all, he was a community organizer.

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Zero the Clown is a community organizer. He has no clue. His only solution is to throw money at a problem and HOPE things CHANGE and the problem goes away.

5. RAScott

RAScott Member

I guess the campain is in full swing, funny he didn't do the twitter thing or town hall when he was taking over the car companies, jamming health care up our asses, or spending our money like a drunken FOOL!
    Bob S

6. NJCOP

NJCOP TS Member

Imagine that a TWIT on Twitter! I haven't felt as bad for this country as when I was 18 and Carter was in the White House.

Yes Obama is the second coming but not of Christ. Can't you see Carter laying his hands upon Obama's head and professing, "You've dome well my son!"?

Feckless moron. He couldn't answer one question honestly and admit that the Kensian horsecrap he's attempted hasn't worked. It's been a long time since Micro and Macro Economics but 30 years ago we knew that this nonsense wasn't worth pursuing.

7. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

The "campain' at least for Obama has been underway since he took office. Think about this, When was the first time you saw a tv ad for Safelink, free cell service for those who need to stay in touch in emergencies? Excuse me "free" 250 minutes and a phone "free"? For the people who don't work for wht they get. You and I are paying for these leeches to have at our expense what we pay for. Think that isn't a campain ploy? Give me a break!

8. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Bruce, a campaign ploy? or let's get even with the white man? He and his wife are the most racist persons in this Country. Bulge.

9. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

The sad thing about this is he does not have to campaign. The Reps. still do not have anyone that will beat him. Degrading him is only going to help your mind, and others voting that way already. Paul Ryan needs to run if the Reps. have any chance at all. What the Republican party needs is someone with no political baggage, scandals, or moral bad judgement incidents against them. That right now is Paul Ryan. The Tea Party equation needs to be taken out of the election also to have a chance, or the Republican party is doomed, in my opinion. I do not think the swing voters, and Independents are going to vote Tea Party, in my opinion.

10. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

Bachmann or Perry will either one beat him. It will be the rino republican candidates that will ruin the election. And the Tea Party will decide who wins the nomination just watch it unfold. Just like the election last fall. The Tea Party is going no where but to the voting booths.

11. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Bulge campain ploy that gets even!

12. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

Guys I just came back from a trip from the South east and eastern part of the country. De, PN. .WV. NY, NJ,. It don't look good. There are so many people that direction getting some kind of government funds, wether its the Unions, road crews, Military retired, or what have you. Most of them are not liberals but if the don't go Obamma they are afraid they will lose some of their pension, Union cuts, jobs. Problem is if they go Obamma they will definatally lose all after election. They are in a rock and a hard place and ready for him to bend over and kiss his ass hoping they will be the last ones cut. Wild Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.