1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

obama fires C.Guard experts in oil...

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by jack1122, May 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jack1122

jack1122 TS Member

First of all, The commandant didn't resign, He was in his job for 4 years like every other commandant before him. The new commandant and vice commandant are hand picked by congress. As with all other services in the very senior leadership department. Do a little research before you decide to post about something you have no clue about except what the news "rumors".

Jack

2. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

I think I am going to watch this battle of knowledge regarding Coast Guard politics play out between jack and slic. This could get interesting. I must admit I would like to know each persons source of knowledge.

3. jack1122

jack1122 TS Member

Slic, I really and truly could care less if you like my tone or not, you should quit posting rumors from what you heard from the news.

It's the other way around, congress picks who will be the future leaders of the Coast Guard are going to be and the President affirms their picks.

You are correct it is a 4 year term. Guess what any job in the military can be changed at will. It's just that when your in that high ranking of a position it is on the President who relieves them.

If you would do a little more research you would have known that Admiral Allen is still the Incident Commander for the gulf coast oil spill. So that kinda makes the whole situation that your trying to explain a WAY off. Because he wasn't fired. Only relieved from his job after completing his four year tour.

Jack

4. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

slic lee, your comments are totally opposite the true facts....

geez, what a swizzle stick trying to stir the pot...

5. jack1122

jack1122 TS Member

What are you talking about now?

Are you going to terminate me for telling the TRUTH??? Unlike you!!! If so please let me know who you are by signing your name, so I'll know who to look for!

If you want people to respect your submission please add your real name to your post.

Jack

6. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Lets get it straight guys. The President appoints the Commandant for a four year term upon confirmation by the United States Senate. HMB

7. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Is it true that China has drilled off the coast of Cuba and sent pipe lines towards FLA?---If so look out east coast---How can anyone get China to do anything they don't want to do---We better be ready for that future problem---SJB

8. Big Az Al

Big Az Al Well-Known Member

My question about the spill.

We have a catastrophy of epic perportions.

7 weeks and counting.

SO...........

At what point should that oil become salvage for anyone that wants to,

Can recover it?

and

sell it at market price!

Al

9. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Big Ass Al, Your going to need a bigger boat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.