1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Obama finally sending Natl. Guard to the border.

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Barrelbulge(Fl), May 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

.Obama set to send 1,200 troops to US-Mexico border

By ERICA WERNER and JACQUES BILLEAUD, Associated Press Writers Erica Werner And Jacques Billeaud, Associated Press Writers – 11 mins ago
    WASHINGTON – President Barack Obama will send 1,200 National Guard troops to help secure the U.S.-Mexico border, an administration official and an Arizona congresswoman said Tuesday, pre-empting Republican plans to try to force votes on such a deployment.

Obama will also request $500 million for border protection and law enforcement activities, they said.

The National Guard troops will work on intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance support, analysis and training, and support efforts blocking drug trafficking. The troops will temporarily supplement border patrol agents until Customs and Border Patrol can recruit and train additional officers and agents to serve on the border, the administration official said.

The official, speaking on condition of anonymity ahead of a public announcement, disclosed the plans shortly after Obama met at the Capitol with Republican senators who pressed him on immigration issues including the question of sending Guard troops to the border.

Arizona Republican Sens. John McCain and Jon Kyl have been urging such a move and Republicans planned to try to attach it as an amendment to a pending war spending bill.

In a speech Tuesday on the Senate floor, Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., said the situation on the border has "greatly deteriorated." He called for 6,000 National Guard troops to be sent to the U.S.-Mexico border.

"I appreciate the additional 1,200 being sent ... as well as an additional $500 million, but it's simply not enough," McCain said.

Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, D-Ariz., said in a statement that the administration would announce the deployments later in the day Tuesday.

Homeland Security and Pentagon officials have been jousting over the possible National Guard deployment for the better part of a year. Pentagon officials worried about perceptions that the U.S. was militarizing the border and did not want Guard troops to perform law enforcement duties.

2. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Obama is probably sending the troops to protect the Illegals from the pissed off ranchers who have had enough ... Two faced McCain can't make up his mind what he wants, this year its not amnesty because his ass will be out of a job if he mentions it one time like he has repeatedly in the past ... They should put all of the Politicians on the border and make them guard this country and take the bullets instead of the ranchers ... LA is doing their part as usual, they should take all of the Illegals over there and make everyone happy ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

3. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

Well if they do their job it will be worth the wait . Then they can start with the ones that are a threat who are in the US now !!!

4. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

We need a blanket amnesty. Once all the illegals have blankets it will stop them from coming over the border.

5. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Let me see we can bomb and fire on on targets in the middle east(half way around the world)with drone aircraft controlled from Nellis AFB in Nevada, USA. But we can't close the southern broader of the USA while we are right here??????? What is wrong with this picture?????

Does anyone get the distinct feeling the illegal's Allies are in Washington DC more so than there own counties???????

Bob Lawless

6. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

Look at the positives. Sure there is a downside to millions of poverty stricken, uneducated Mexicans in this country looking for work and turning to the government for social services. But we now have an authentic Mexican restaurant in every little town in America, plus I can now get Mexican music on the radio anywhere in America, and some of the muchachas are pretty to look at.

7. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

He has to do something to stop them from going home before the election in November.

8. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Sending em to the border to do what? Knowing Obama they will probably be passing out welcome bags. Voter ID card in each bag, ebt, housing assitance, map of all the schools, hospitals, offices where they can get free stuff.

9. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

Why,,,do you think hussein is doing this?

Because a VERY HIGH percentage of Arizona is in favor of their new immigration laws, and a HIGH percentage of America wants the same thing for their state.

hussein,,is simply reacting, reacting, to an unmerciful political beating from the hands of Governor Brewer. Typical of hussein,,no pro-action, just reaction.

Governor Brewer to hussein; DO YOUR JOB!

The republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president. Liberals are a disgrace.

10. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Send the same guys that were at Kent State. Stopped that crap real fast, should work again!

Curt

11. SF SGM

SF SGM Member

The problem being, the guard troops being mobilized will be under Title 10 USC making them Federal troops not Title 32 USC which would put them under the control of the state of Arizona. Just more Feds doing nothing on the border..

Van

12. neofight

neofight TS Member

Looks like it's time for Jack Bauer and sheriff Joe to go to work.

13. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

It's a dog and pony show, he will have them so tied up with regs to the point they can not do F-all for anybody.

I am ready for "White" pride day. I am sick of being called anything but a White American Citizen. I am not a racist by any stretch of the imagination, but, Gawd All Mighty, I've had enough about how we are racists if we disagree with any of their BS policies that do one thing, take from you and I (the doers)and give to the sorry SOB's that want hit a lick.

Damn, it's time boys, it's time.

14. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

They are not allowed to detain, or use firearms. So they will just be running around with binoculars, and calling the border patrol when they see the drug man. It's a waste of time and money, done to make political hay.

This is a token force, a ploy for those slimeballs to push their amnesty bill through.

They had a closed door meeting, and the poop was in the fan. Apparently Obama still refuses to secure the border.

HM

HM

15. rd

rd TS Member

Too little- too late, and they will not be allowed to load their weapons, I'll bet.

16. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Oh sure!

17. JoeBobOutfitters

JoeBobOutfitters TS Member

The National Guard's primary job should not be border control. They do not have the training, or the ROE to do it. The MP National Guard guys, sure, but not everyone else. I just hope any National Guard soldiers that get deployed get decent ROE and the right to shoot before being shot at. This is a national security and drug runner issue...so should be dealt with accordingly. All it takes is for one laptop nuke to get smuggled in from the southern border for Washington to open their eyes.

18. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Halfmile has it right.. We are now paying for 6000 observers.. WOW.. that fixed everything... NOT... This ENTIRE escopade is over VOTES.. nothing more.. and nothing less.. Our country was founded on hard working people from all over.. That is not what upsets me.. If you just enforced the laws..already on the books..you'd continue to have productive immigration.. A group and class of people to embrace America.. it's laws.. and values.. and language.. They'd cheerfully contribute to our country..and all the great things it stands for.

I'm Russian,Dutch,French and I don't know.. My grandparents.. and great grandparents came over here with what they could carry..They worked for what they had.. No handouts.. In fact.. there was a time it was frowned upon to be on "home relief".. The welfare of yesteryears.. People did whatever they could.. NOT to have that attached to their name.. Today.. the welfare check is now used as a source of income when you "buy"..a house you can't afford..

The hard working tax payer can pick up the bill...

Thru all of this.. I see revolution in the air.. First at the voting polls..Then in the streets.. Finally.. internal war.. The days of Kent state are not that far away.. The American government will again fire on their citizens..

While chit chat is useful.. don't deleate the message.. Share your wisdom and understanding of the problem at hand with our youth.. Most of them start with very liberal thoughts.. They still live in a unrealistic world.. The idea of work and save is distant from many.. More like spend.. and ask Daddy for some extra money..

20 years of work.. and the up's and downs of life..usually change most of their thinking.. Our JOB.. is to shorten that learning curve..

Pray for America.. The rights we have today were paid for by the blood of our fore fathers.. That loss should never be taken lightly.. If everyone would just fight for what THEY fought and died for.. Not adding a new agenda to the cause..America would be a better place to live...

Respectfully.. Mike Greenblatt I invite your reply..

19. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

slic, are calling o'numbnuts a liar????????,,get it right,,he's a lying SOB and getting worse,,,,,,,,,,and some people still like this dummy,,,,,,,geeeeezzz,,

20. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

Our mighty leadership will say whatever they must to smooth the feathers. They have no intentions of closing the border, they are only sending "observers" to assist in looking for drug movement across the border as they say. With orders to "not shoot" & "stay out of the way"! Once mobilized, they will be under federal control and out of the state Governors that needs their help, and do you think they will be given any authority? Not much if any! It's time to remind our federal leaders that they represent us, they do not control us as they seem to be trying to do.

Big Jack

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.