1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Obama = Carter x 2

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by birdogs, May 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

One of Obama's latest statements is that Americans must give up their SUVs and eat less in order to appease the rest of the world. This sounds remarkably like Jimmy (I'll never lie to you) Carter. He too sounded a false alarm about America and our best days - and he too was wrong. Ronald Reagan defeated Carter with his message of optimism, hope and faith in the American people. AND Reagan was right!

Is there anyone who can hit that same note as Reagan and can energize the American people as he did? I don't think that McCain can and I said that I would never vote for him but, the election of Obama would be like electing Carter to another term. I can't conceive of a worse scenario!

2. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

Me either, but I am sure he will be the nominee and it sounds as if the republicans can't even beat a drum anymore so hang on for at least another 8 years

3. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

From Rasmussen;

"The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Tuesday shows John McCain earning 46% of the vote while Barack Obama attracts 43%. This is the first time in nearly two weeks that the candidates have been separated by more than a single percentage point."

4. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

From Rasmussen;

"Just 13% Give Congress Good or Excellent Rating."

5. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Lyrics from Obambi's theme song. Know what it is?

I'm not always strong
    And sometimes I'm even wrong
    But I win when I choose
    And I can't stand to lose
    But I can't always be
    The rock that you see
    When the nights get too long
    And I just can't go on

6. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

I frimly believe that Obama is a racist and will sell us out! Be afraid be very afraid.

7. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Waterhouselake<

I agree completely. The Dems will win big in the Congress and set about destroying the economy - not intentionally but out of naivete and in spite of their "good intentions". I am a political advisor to 2 local Republicans. I have advised one NOT to run this Fall. The "African-American community" will turn out in great force for Obama and, while in the booth, pull the lever for every Democrat. Many whites will stay home, not having a Presidential candidate for whom to vote.

It is a shame that we must let the Dems take over, fail miserably and take the country down with them before we can take the country back and put it back on the right path. Let's hope it only takes one term for the country to come to its senses.

Tony C

8. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

So tell me Tony, answer these questions.

1. How many people who voted for Bush in 2004 will vote for Obama?

2. How many lunch pail, basically conservative Democrats who had to hold their nose to vote for the liberal Kerry can't hold it tight enough to vote for the ultra-liberal Obama?

3. How many Hillary female supporters won't vote for the sexist Obama?

4. How many racist Democrats won't vote for Obama because he is black?

5. How many Democrats won't vote for Obama because his wife referred to them as "whitey", his pastor is a white blaming/hating bigot and he is a friend of Louis Farrakan?

Obambi is not going to be the first black president, he is going to be the first black Michael Dukakis.

9. mizzou

mizzou TS Member

JBrooks: By the time McCain gets his time in the barrel and glazes over a few times during the coming debates,Obama wins it by double digits...Mizzou

10. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Jbrooks and Waterhouselake,

I agree with both of you BUT, does McCain really float your boat? Many Republicans will stay home or not vote the Presidential line. He has lost the base in his efforts to curry favor with the Dems who would never vote for him anyway - the classic Republican blunder.

No, gentlemen I believe that we will have to hit bottom before the American people are willing to do the heavy lifing needed to take back their country. Thank the presnt Congress for accelerating the process. Imagine what they will be emboldened to do with Dem President?

Even if McCain wins, look to some very dark economic times ahead. He wants to sign up for global warming and we will not be able to drill for our own oil. This is a double whammy of the first order. The value of your home, your investments will be marginalized. Cash is KING. Act accordingly.

Tony C

ps Sorry for the rambling but there is so much to say on these issues and so little time and space.

11. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

There is only one compelling reason to vote for McCain. At least 3 Supreme Court Justices will be appointed during the next 4-8 years. These 3 people will have more power to shape the major direction of this Country over the next 30 years than all of the Presidents, Senators and Representatives who will be in office during that time put together. With McCain we have a much greater chance to get 3 good ones than with Obama.

Anyone gun owning conservative who stays home or votes third party will be joining the ranks of those short-sighted individuals who voted for Ross Perot and gave us 8 years of Bill Clinton and darn near 8 years of Hillary. Be as dumb as you want. At least I don't have any kids or grandkids to suffer from liberals put in power by short-sighted conservatives.

PS: Obama very well may not carry California because he will have a huge problem with the hispanic vote. As a community, the hispanics have a lot of economic resentment towards the black community because on one hand they see blacks getting preference in hiring and education and on the other they don't see any blacks picking strawberries in the next row over.

12. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

JBrooks has it right. Its all about the supreme court selections. Their in there for a long time. We dont need any more Ginsbergs.

13. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

"Obama:Dumber than Bush"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.