1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Obama can't catch a break,,,,,

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by bigdogtx, Feb 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Obama can

according to pmsnbc.....pretty bold partisanship on pmsnbc's part....

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Wait... Mormons aren't Christians?

3. porky

porky TS Member

A person is a Christian if they believe that Christ is God(Christian means Christ follower). Mormans and muslims don't believe that. It wasn't until the 70's that Mormans let black into their fold because they believed that blacks were decendants of Abel and had the mark on them. That mark being their color. In the 70's, you might say that the book of morman was re-written again to allow blacks into their fellowship.

4. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

This should tell you something. Mike.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tCAffMSWSzY?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tCAffMSWSzY?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

5. rd

rd TS Member

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is not Christian?!! I'm sure they would all be very surprised to learn that!

6. porky

porky TS Member

maddog, they know that. Like the muslims, the mormans believe that Christ is only a prophet, not the Son of God. It all happened when Joseph Smith had his visions of the golden tablets that were left here on earth by the "good and bad Indians" Joe Smith sat behind a screen and dictated his book of morman to different people. They couldn't see him or what he was reading from or seeing when he sat behind the screen. Some people want to believe in something so bad that they are willing to believe in anything. People will believe in a God or not. Either way it is a belief and in some cases a religion.

7. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

The Jews go by the old testament. Mike.

8. Gunn

Gunn TS Member

Git-Er-Done: Where did you get your info from? I am LDS, and never heard this. Tim

9. porky

porky TS Member

Mormans are firm believers that when they die, they will be gods and have a planet filled with humans to be worshipped by and rule. This I know because my best friend at work was a morman. This I also have read in the book of morman. My friend and his wife had their after lives all planned. I don't care what mitt says. There is no Son of God in the morman religion and it is a religion and not a faith. Sorry to what RIck says based on what mitt may or may not have said. Matthew's Gospel is correct in that Christ is now our high priest and advocates for us to the Father. I like Rick and don't want to get into a contest with him. Morman's do not believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, that Christ died for our sins and He is our Savior. Since when has any politician ever had to tell the truth. Next,you will be thinking that bozo is also a Christian because he went to a Methodist Church in Chicago. Mitt and bozo just want to be seen as everyone would like them to be. Sorry if I seem hard about this. I don't want to get on anybodies bad side but I hate the cover up that they lie to create, everyone just buys into it and never checks anything out to see if is actually true. It's just like using Snopes as your anchor of truth.

10. Mountainsteve

Mountainsteve Member

I am an Espicoal. Bet some of you think I am not a Christian because you are EGNS.

11. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Not wanting to start mud slinging or semantics,,,,,but most Mormons will SAY they are Mormons with a belief in Jesus; most Catholics describe themselves as Catholics; most like myself who don't belong to an organized church (I am Methodist) will describe themselves as Christian,,,,,only after further questioning will we then define our church, be it one of the majors or a Bible church,,,,,just what I have noticed......

12. Gunn

Gunn TS Member

Git-Er-Done Your friend is sadly mistaken. I have been LDS for over 20 years. Your friend has misled you. We DO beleive Jesus is the son of God. And died for our sins. Who planned their after life? This wrong. Your friend has a lot of hate in him. If you read that in the Book Of Mormon. Then you misread something. I doesn't offend me, due to alot of people don't understand us. But to have someone who used to be a member of the Church tell you complete untruths is disheartening. We are kind of used to this kind of talk, it has been going on for over a 100 years. I was not born in the Church, I converted in my late thirties. I was raised a Baptist. So I had looked into a lot of beleifs. Anyway enough of this, Tim

13. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

If you Mormons believe that Jesus is the son of God and that he died for your sins, then why was there ever a need for the Mormon faith or the Book of Mormon? It makes no rational sense for the Book of Mormon to have been written and an entire new religion to have been started a couple thousand years after the resurrection if it merely says the same thing the canon of scripture says. The book of Mormon either says the same thing, in which case it is redundant nonsense, or it says something different in which case it is in contradiction with the scriptures. Either way it is illogical, and foolish to trust it.

As an aside, Jesus' claim to be the son of God is only one of the claims He made for Himself. He also claimed to BE God, which claim the Saducees and Pharisees in the temple understood perfectly and were going to stone him to death for. Does the book of Mormon teach that Jesus IS God? Unless the book of Mormon teaches everything the canon of scripture teaches it IS different and therefore not Christian.

14. porky

porky TS Member

I stand with Franklin Graham. When Franklin Graham was asked recently asked if Mitt Romney and bozo were Christians, Franklin would not say that they were. Franklin politely avoided the question and since I have stated above what is true and I believe, I will now move on.

15. rd

rd TS Member

I am amazed at the ignorance displayed here sometimes. I have lived with and worked with LDS people for my entire life. They are all absolutely devout Christians, not that I care either way what someone espouses as a religious belief.

I think, in the coming inevitable war against fundamental muslims, we should be very careful about creating divisions in the non muslim world. We are going to need unity. Having known LDS people, I can absolutely state that I want them on my side, as they are hard working, honest and, above all, a very resolute group, who are very well prepared for any coming catastrophe.

I don't mean to disparage Muslim beliefs, either, but if your religious beliefs compel you to slaughter innocent people because they don't believe as you do, something is seriously wrong with your thought process.

16. shotgun 1

shotgun 1 Member

Some of this discussion is simply fascinating! The full name of the Mormon Church, and yes, I are one, is The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Since we have His name in the name of the church, wouldn't it really make sense to think that we do indeed believe in Him? If I said I was a member of the church of Obama, no one on here would argue my affiliation with him, although we would all argue my sanity.

Do we have some doctrinal differences with other churches? Obviously, or we wouldn't be here. On the other hand, all the other Christian churches have doctrinal differences to. The Catholics have a bunch of books in their Bible that don't appear in the Bible used by other churches, yet they aren't labeled "non-Christian". By the way, we use the King James version.

Ignorance is a very convenient wall to hide behind, but that doesn't make it a lifetime safe place of refuge. If any would like to hear and/or read some accurate information about the Church, go to www.lds.org.
    Dave

17. porky

porky TS Member

Well, I do stand corrected on one thing. That is that Jesus Christ was the first-born Son of God. After that the book of mormans takes a liberal turn. They do believe that they will be gods in the after life and that they will each have worlds with people to worship them as rulers of that world. True Christains believe that only God, Jesus and The Holy Spirit can be worshipped. I know that mormans are told not to read other things written by others about God, Jesus and The Holy Spirit, but I will attach a website that can be referred to help everyone to understand why Franklin Graham would not call Mitt Romney a Christian. It is filled with references to back up what is written.

18. shotgun 1

shotgun 1 Member

The Book of Mormon takes a liberal turn? Mormons are among the most conservative folks on the planet, with God, family and country at the core of our beliefs. Franklin Graham is no more an expert on the LDS Church than I am on Franklin Graham. If you want to really find out about the LDS Church, go to the LDS website. Or you could go to a Democratic website to find out about the Republican candidates.
    Dave

19. porky

porky TS Member

Please read the website and comment on that if you can.

20. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

The only reason The Mormons relented on their racist stance was Brigham Young University couldn't win any basketball or football games.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.