1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Obama burned by Biden's own words....

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Brian in Oregon, Aug 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Too funny. Biden burned Obama, endorsed McCain.<br>
    <br>
    http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/08/23/mccain-launches-tv-ad-using-bidens-words-against-obama/<br>
    <br>
    McCain Launches TV Ad Using Biden’s Words Against Obama<br>
    by FOXNews.com<br>
    Saturday, August 23, 2008<br>
    <br>
    With the ink barely dried on the news Saturday morning that Barack Obama had chosen Joe Biden as his running mate, John McCain’s campaign released a TV ad using Biden’s own words against Obama.<br>
    <br>
    In particular, the ad shows 2007 footage of an ABC debate with the Democratic presidential candidates in which Biden affirmed his belief that Obama is not ready to be president.<br>
    <br>
    “You were asked, ‘Is he ready?’” the moderator, ABC’sGeorge Stephanopoulous, says to Biden. “You said, ‘I think he can be ready but right now, I don’t believe he is. The presidency is not something that lends itself to on-the-job training,’”<br>
    <br>
    “I think that I stand by the statement,” Biden responds, with Obama standing to his right on the stage.<br>
    <br>
    The ad also shows Biden on a 2005 segment on “The Daily Show” saying, “I would be honored to run with or against John McCain, because I think the country would be better off.”<br>
    <br>
    The ad was the McCain campaign’s opening shot against the newly completed Democratic ticket, which was announced by the Obama campaign Saturday morning after the news was leaked to reporters. Biden and Obama — both senators, as is McCain — are scheduled to appear together at 2 p.m. CDT in Springfield, Ill., before heading to Denver for next week’s Democratic convention.<br>
    <br>
    Biden is one of the most influential foreign policy voices in Congress, which could shore up Obama’s foreign policy credentials, Biden also is known for speaking his mind, something the McCain campaign is sure to capitalize on.<br>
    <br>
    But McCain’s vice presidential pick could face similar scrutiny once the name is announced — likely on Friday, after the Democratic convention and before the Republican convention, which starts Sept. 1.<br>
    <br>
    Former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney is one of the leading contenders for the spot on McCain’s ticket, and while he was still in the running for the Republican presidential nomination Romney got in his share of jabs at McCain, during debates and on the campaign trail.

2. nipper

nipper TS Member

and exactly where does he say in the add he endorses mccain?? all i hear is he would be a good opponent?? what are you hearing,what you want too??

bill

3. 682b

682b Member

Hey Nipper, “I would be honored to run with or against John McCain, because I think the country would be better off.” He may not endorse but he says we would be better off with McCain. What are you reading, what you want it to say? You need a better Bait. Jim

4. nipper

nipper TS Member

exactly, a decorated war hero would make a great opponent for the country even though he is not going to win.

bill

5. piranha2

piranha2 TS Member

Yeh - hes the only one that would stoop so low....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.