1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Obama Bows Down to Saudi King Abdullah

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Joe Potosky, Apr 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9WlqW6UCeaY&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9WlqW6UCeaY&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Arab News: Royal court officials now instruct visitors who wish to greet the king and other elderly princes that the greeting should be a handshake rather than a kiss. Nonetheless, despite the king’s order, some citizens still insist on kissing the shoulder or hand of the king, the crown prince and other princes.

Miss Manners: "One does not bow or curtsy to a foreign monarch because the gesture symbolizes recognition of her power over her subjects."

2. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

3. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

When did our once great country start bowing to other countries?????????????

What a shameful specimen of a leader we now have!!!! Too bad he hates our country!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Phonier than Kerry.

Dumber than Bush.

More lost than Captain Jack Sparrow.

Lord Soetoro.

5. flamborn

flamborn TS Member

This guy bows down to the king of Saudi Arabia but his wife could not do the customary curtsy for the Queen of England? I don't get these people. Why are they so quick to slap England in the face, yet grovel to the Middle East?

6. bocephus

bocephus Member

DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Heckyea

Heckyea TS Member

That negro is just plain stupid or sly like a fox. Anyway, he's a dangerous mofo!

8. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

I'll ask here as well,,,Don't they have ANYONE in their entorage (sp?) to teach them customs and etiquitte,,,,IIRC a head bow is proper etiquitte in greeting someone from the Orient if you are on EQUAL position, i.e. country leader,,,,I would think a waist bow would be to show more respect and not being on equal status,,,,a deep bow at the waist is subservient or showing inferiority,,,,correct me if I am wrong....

Would a country leader visiting or meeting the POTUS bow at the waist,,,,even if he was from the Orient???? say the Emperor of Japan???

Does a greeting in Middle Eastern countries include a bow????

9. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Obama, was just showing respect to the towel heads for all the money they channeled to his election campaign. I would probably do the same to avoid shaking hands with them. I was told they don't use toilet paper over there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.