1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Obama At His Best With US Troops

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Auctioneer, Jan 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2009
    I just got this in my email.

There are idiots in this world and then there is one large commander in chief IDIOT!!!!

This has got to be the most outragous stsatement ever made by a public official let alone by the President of the United States. and this guy is our "commander in chief". Here is his response when he backed off from his dicision to require the military to pay for their war injuries.

Bad press, including major mockery of the plan by comedian Jon Stewart, led to President Obama adandoning his proposal to require veterans carry private health insurance to cover the estimated $540 million annual cost to the federal gov of treatment for injuries to military personnel received during their tours on active duty. The Pre admitted that he was puzzled by the magnitude of the opposition to his proposal.

"Look, it's an all volunteer force," Obama complained. "Nobody made these guys go to war. They had to have known and accepted the risks. Now they whine about bearing the cost of their choice? It doesn't compute." "I thought these were people who were proud to sacrifice for their country, "Obama continued "I wasn't asked for blood, just money. With the counrty facing the worst financial crisis in its history, I'd have thought that the patriotic thing to do would be to try to help reduce the nation'sdeficit. I guess I underestimated the selfishness of some of my fellow Americans."

Please pass this on to everyone including every vet and their families whom you know. How in the world did a person with this mindset become our leader? I didn't vote for him!!! I voted for the American.

REMEMBER THIS STATEMENT... "Nobody made these guys go to war. They had to ahve known and accepted the risk. Now they whine about bearing the costs of their choices?"

If he thinks he will ever get another vote from an Active Duty, Reserve, National Guard service member or veteran of a military service he ought to think it over.. If you or a family member is or has servicd their country please pass this to them.

Please pass this to every American in your address book. I'm guessin that other then 2025 percent hardcore liberals in the US will agree that this is just anothjer example why this is the worst pre in American history. Remind everyone over and over how this man thinks, while he bows to the Saudi Arabian king, the japaneese Emperor, ect.
  2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Green Bay Wisconsin
    From Truth or Fiction site:

On March16, 2009, members of the American Legion met with President Obama where he discussed "a proposal to force private insurance companies to pay for the treatment of military veterans who have suffered service-connected disabilities and injuries." The non-profit veterans service organization, American Legion, issued a statement voicing its concerns on its web site shortly after the meeting. Click here for statement.

Commander David K. Rehbein of The American Legion said that Obama “ is looking to generate $540-million by this method, but refused to hear arguments about the moral and government-avowed obligations that would be compromised by it.”

A March 17, 2009 CNN article said the "chairman of the Senate Committee on Veterans' Affairs vowed Tuesday that the plan would never gain the panel's approval. 'VA's sacred duty is to care for veterans injured in honorable service to our nation, and the department should not turn to wounded warriors' private insurance to pay for combat injures,' said Sen. Daniel Akaka, D-Hawaii. 'Under my chairmanship, the Veterans' Affairs Committee will not advance any such legislation.'"

On the afternoon of March 18, 2009 Fox News reported that the Obama administration has changed their mind on this plan.

Later forwarded versions of this eRumor included a quote not by President Obama but by the writing staff of the Jon Stewart show at COMEDY CENTRAL. Stewart made fun of this proposal during his satirical news/current events program and included a fictional quote attributed to the President.

updated 07/06/09

So the idiot in chief wanted private insurance companies to pay for battle injuries. Stewart obviously took off with this and had his fun.

Dumb idea, Barry.

3. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Jan 29, 1998
    HM that plan actually came from the Director of Veteran Affairs-- and Obama appointed him

Now that guy that is the American Legion top dog- he let the Homeland Security Director off the hook when she released a report classifying Veterans as a serious terrorist risk

Both of those two need to go and also the American Legion guy

regards from Iowa

PS- the original poster- I cant imagine Obama making that statement
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.