1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Obama assembling his Cabinet

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Bruce Specht, Nov 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

If you have followed the news you know that the President elect has started to select people for his cabient. As I stated earlier we need to give Obamam a chance to do what he said he would do;that said I'm afraid of what may happen, his Chief of staff choice was involved with Freddie Mack when it was reporting that it was doing far better than it was. Another cabient spot may be filled by someone a (Ms.Pritzker) that was president of a bank that went belly up. I know he needs to repay political favors but does this sound like the " Change" we need? Sound an awful lot like Illinois democratic politics to me and we don't need that. Chicago's Mayor Daley's brother is on the list for another cabient spot so much for change!! I hope he can make the changes he said he wants to make, with the tax cuts he said he wants to put in place. Living in Illinois and knowing the way politics works here and seeing what's being reported by our media on his cabient selections has me worried.

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

no surprise to me

3. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

I believe that it was President Andrew Jackson who said "To the victor belongs the spoils!" Why should we believe that President elect Obama will be any different.

I hope and pray that the Republican leaders in the House and Senate can cobble up sufficient votes to fillibuster some of the more unfavorable items.

I believe that a conservative democrat is called a "blue dog" democrat and some of these may not vote with their party on excessive expenditure bills. Remember the vote on the $700 billion bail out.

Also, will not excessive sale of treasury securities to finance some of these bail outs cause the general level of interest to go up so that at some point the increased interest cost causes the government to either increase taxes or decrease spending?

Ed Ward

4. atashooter

atashooter Member

Don't worry, The new Secretary of State will take care of it...

YEAHHHHHHH BOYYYYYYY !!!!!

[​IMG]

5. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Ed, when have you EVER heard of the government "decrease spending"???

6. crusha

crusha TS Member

Just wait until the old fossil liberal Supreme Court justices start lining up to retire...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.