1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Obama and the Flag

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Rick Barker, Aug 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Can't vouch for this, first I have seen it. Rick Barker

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, he told us in advance what he planned to do. Few were listening.

The following is a narrative taken from a 2008 Sunday morning televised "Meet The Press."

From Sunday's 07 Sept. 2008, 11:48:04 EST, Televised "Meet the Press" THE THEN Senator Obama was asked about his stance on the American Flag.

General Bill Ginn, USAF (ret.), asked Obama to explain WHY he doesn't follow protocol when the National Anthem is played.

The General stated to Obama that according to the United States Code, Title 36, Chapter 10, Sec. 171...

During rendition of the national anthem, when the flag is displayed, all present (except those in uniform) are expected to stand at attention, facing the flag, with the right hand over the heart. Or, at the very least, "Stand and Face It".

NOW GET THIS !!

'Senator'Obama replied:

"As I've said about the flag pin, I don't want to be perceived as taking sides...." "There are a lot of people in the world to whom the American flag is a symbol of oppression...." "The anthem itself conveys a war-like message. You know, the bombs bursting in air, and all that sort of thing."

(ARE YOU READY FOR THIS???)

Obama continued:, "The National Anthem should be 'swapped' for something less parochial and less bellicose. I like the song 'I'd Like To Teach the World To Sing.' If that were our anthem, then I might salute it. In my opinion, we should consider reinventing our National Anthem as well as 'redesign' our Flag to better offer our enemies hope and love.

It's my intention, if elected, to disarm America to the level of acceptance to our Middle East Brethren. If we, as a Nation of waring people, conduct ourselves like the nations of Islam, where peace prevails - - - perhaps a state or period of mutual accord could exist between our governments ......"

"When I become President, I will seek a pact of agreement to end hostilities between those who have been at war or in a state of enmity, and a freedom from disquieting oppressive thoughts . We as a Nation, have placed upon the nations of Islam, an unfair injustice, which is WHY my wife disrespects the Flag, and she and I have attended several flag burning ceremonies in the past."

"Of course now, I have found myself about to become the President of the United States and I have put my hatred aside. I will use my power to bring CHANGE to this Nation, and offer the people a new path. My wife and I look forward to becoming our Country's First black Family. Indeed, CHANGE is about to overwhelm the United States of America."

WHAAAAAAAT,is that??? Yes, you read it right.

I, for one, am speechless!!!

Dale Lindsborg , Washington Post

2. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Thats what sent the left into a vision of utopia, their savior had come!

Slowly some have woke up to the notion he's a fraud, 3 years to late!!

3. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Sad but true the blind don't or didn't listen to what comes out of his mouth. He has told everyone his beliefs but the libs must agree as it dosen't seem to bother them.

To me he is a traitor and should be tried as such.

Don

4. Texshooter

Texshooter Member

Too late, the bastard got elected. AJ

5. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

Story Not True

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/stance.asp

6. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Joe with all due respect to you sir I wouldn't believe Snopes if they said Night is dark and day is light.

At least from some of the things they have said were true that were not. Also from some of the the things they said were false when I know were true. In no less than two instances I saw the programs and tapes they said didn't happen. That is JMO

Just seems funny to me that if there is nothing to hide, why are there no videos of that program?????

Bob Lawless

7. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

Rick (and his Followers).... do you hate our President so much and have such disdain for him and the office of President of the United States that you post such crap without checking it out first?

blade819

8. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

There are a number of sites other than FOX.com to check stories or quotes for accuracy.

blade819

9. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

Yep bladie, count me as one of them bammy despisers! Glad that you adore and adulate him! Let me know how your kids and grand kids like him in the future! Tom Rhoads

10. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/arsoMPghb9I?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/arsoMPghb9I?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

11. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

thanks BB,,,,looks like you kinda cut ole blade....

12. slic lee

slic lee Active Member

Blade-play nicely, go away and dont come back. Lee

13. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

All they have to do today to get vote is dance a carrot in the voters face and they got them. It doesn't take much to fool people today. Sad.

14. Rick Barker

Well, I do hate Obama, I won't deny that. To borrow a phrase I heard Democrats say about Bush. "He's not my President!"

The Liberals were never shy about making up stories about Bush.

I have no affection for the supposed leader of the free world that uses class warfare to incite the American People take from the haves and and give to the have nots.

I do not watch Meet The Depressed.

I was hoping someone might have seen it or knew it was true or not true.

Do I regret posting it? No.

Could I have taken the time to check it out? Yes, but felt rather lazy and hurried. I figured someone would.

So, SUE ME!

We are a nation divided. I didn't start it.

15. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

What Big Don said

Rock

Jim

16. skydiver41

skydiver41 Member

What I'd like to know is why didn't Hillary use this against him. I would like to have seen her walk over to him and slap his anti-patriotic face and tell him what a worthless P.O.S he is!

Michael Brown

17. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Blade, let's make sure we are on the same page. I don't believe that anyone on here does not respect the office of the Presidency. It is the person occupying it that we don not like or respect. The majority of us are Patriotic and don't like seeing our Country being flushed down the toilet by a piece of shxx named Obama. Bulge.

18. Jon Reitz

Jon Reitz Well-Known Member

I am with Rick Barker and Barrelbudge on this one, 100%. You liberals out there that don’t like it need to find your own site to espouse your BS on. Some things are still sacred, and the American Flag is damn sure one of them.

Jon Reitz

19. Barrelbulge(Fl)

DOESN'T WANT TO TAKE SIDES????

Obama Explains National Anthem Stance

Sun, 07 Sept. 2008 11:48:04 EST, General Bill Ginn' USAF (ret.) asked Obama to explain why he doesn't follow protocol when the National Anthem is played.

The General also stated to the Senator that according to the United States Code, Title 36, Chapter 10, Sec. 171... < BR>During rendition of the national anthem when the flag is displayed, all present except those in uniform are expected to stand at attention facing the flag with the right hand over the heart. At the very least, "Stand and Face It"

Senator Obama Live on Sunday states, "As I've said about the flag pin, I don't want to be perceived as taking sides, Obama said. 'There are a lot of people in the world to whom the American flag is a symbol of oppression. And the anthem itself conveys a war-like message. You know, the bombs bursting in air and all.
    It should be swapped for something less parochial and less bellicose. I like the song 'I'd Like To Teach the World To Sing.' If that were our anthem, then I might salute it."We should consider to reinvent our National Anthem as well as to redesign our Flag to better offer our enemies hope and love. M y wife disrespects the Flag for many personal reasons. Together she and I have attended several flag burning ceremonies in t he past, many years ago. She has her views and I have mine".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Where_can_you_find_the_%27Meet_the_Press%27_transcript_for_Sept_7_2008_Obama_US_flag_stance#ixzz1WQPlYHPP

20. Rick Barker

So, transcript from Meet The Press, shows part of the story was true? Rest was embellishment from a media outlet????

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.