1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Obama and NRA on SAME TEAM

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by WS-1, Oct 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

According to "The Hill," President Obama will campaign for Tom Perriello(D-Virginia District 5) in Charlottesville, Va.

According to the "NRA-PVF Candidate Endorsements 2010" (Virginia regional edition), the NRA supports Tom Perriello(D-Virginia District 5) against the Republican Bob Hurt, a true conservative pro-gunner and a fine Virginian.

In plain and simple terms, the NRA and Barack Obama are in bed together. Doesn't that make you proud?

Kit

2. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

I'm shocked. Simply shocked, but hardly surprised.

3. zeroed4x

zeroed4x TS Member

Is it a "Don't Ask Don't Tell" protocol or
    more like Broke Back Mountain.......

To hell with the NRA.
    These people who have been bought will need to experience the full wrath of their own constituency. Whom ever is responsible should be removed by proper means as in re-call or impeachment or whatever the necessary means.

This is not going to be forgotten.

4. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

One more time.

The NRA supports those that support gun rights, no matter from what party they belong.

5. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

In that case, the logical conclusion is that the NRA supports Barack H. Obama.

6. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Joe, I'm not sure that I buy your argument. What is wrong with Bob Hurt's gun rights voting record?

7. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Stupid me. I always thought of the NRA as a "patriotic" organizaion. I guess it is meremy a single issue organization - patriotism be damned!

If you are a single issue organization and/or a single issue voter, I guess this posture by the NRA is OK. I do not fit into either of these categories so it would be foolish of me to remain an NRA member.

8. recurvyarcher

Even as a single-issue organization, I still don't see why they would support a democrat over a Bob Hurt. Again, what is wrong with Hurt's voting record? Please somebody tell me, because I am starting to question why I am a member.

9. husker

husker Member

I think that if it were not for the single issue efforts of the NRA, we wouldn't be contributing to Trapshooters.com because we probably wouldn't be allowed to own firearms, including trap guns. Personally, I am often faced with a choice between a Republican (conservative or not) with a B rating from NRA and a Democrat with an A. Although few Dems get A ratings (except occasionally for some of those in Nebraska), I have held my nose and voted Freedom First and gone with the NRA endorsement. Many Democrats in congress vote pro-gun. If they didn't, we would have had the ATF at our doors by now picking up those Perazzis and Krieghoffs.

I support NRA because they support me.

Roger Hudson

10. recurvyarcher

Roger, I will ask ONE MORE TIME...show me what is wrong with Hurt's voting record on gun rights. (I made it easy for you to see by posting the URL to how he voted).

11. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

People continue to refer to what NRA has done in the past. What NRA has done in the past is irrelevant if they are stabbing their members in the back today.

12. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

I don't think it is reasonable to jump to this conclusion. At most you could say Obama's political intrests overlap with those of the NRA with regards to this particular candidate. Just because the guy is a democrat doesn't mean he is is anti-second amendment or is any way our enemy. Look into his history and accomplishments and compare that to the other candidate then make your own choice.

Do you really need the NRA's advice to get through the polling process?

13. recurvyarcher

No, I don't. And I wouldn't take it, either.

Take a look at his voting record concerning gun rights in 2010. There is only 1 vote, because he was conveniently absent for the other issues. See the comparison to Bob Hurt's voting record for 2010 (in my previous post).

If you do the comparison, you will find that there IS none. Isn't the NRA supposed to be all about gun rights and nothing more? If that is the case, then the NRA should be backing Hurt by comparison.

Something is not right here.

14. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

There will be a legitimate reason and it could be simple. If two candidates are equal and one does not return the candidate questionnaire, that candidate will lose the endorsement.

15. recurvyarcher

You mean to tell me that the NRA makes its political decisions based on a QUESTIONNAIRE from the candidate?!!!! You must be joking! Someone from the NRA could just to go online and check the candidates voting record.

I am truly starting to think that I am not going to take the NRA's endorsements seriously anymore.

16. chipped1

chipped1 TS Member

Recurvyarcher -- welcome to the club!

Chip

17. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

There IS a legitimate, simple reason - NRA is CORRUPT!

18. larryjk

larryjk Member

You need to know why the NRA endorses someone before you say they are corrupt. They gave an initial endorsement to Harry Reid and that was because he was very instrumental in getting the land and money for building the large shooting complex by Las Vegas. He may not be a great guy overall but he did go to bat for that complex. You really ought to know what they are doing. If it wasn't for NRA you would be shooting trap by pointing your finger and shouting "BANG".

19. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

It is always the people that are too cheap to join the NRA that jump on these issues

If the NRA made an endorsement it was on a gun related position

If you are too cheap to join the NRA - dont even comment

If you are a member- you can write or call the NRA

If you arent a member you want your guns taken away and everyone's eles

regards from Iowa

Gene

20. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

See no evil. Hear no evil. Speak no evil.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.