1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Obama and Gay Marriage

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Auctioneer, May 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

The only reason he agree's with gay marriage is for votes and votes only.

When Kerry was running for office Bill Clinton told him to go after the gay votes and he would win. He didn't and lost.

Obama will do anything to win.

OMG = Obama Must Go. Vote him out come Nov.

2. 3357

3357 Member

This may work against him, he just slapped every christian (except presbyterians), and most other people of faith in America in the face.

3. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

That decision goes completely against his Muslim background. He probably had to wait for the Mid East to give him permission. Mike.

4. porky

porky TS Member

Muslims don't like gay marriage. However, they do like their little boys.

5. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

Soooooo maybe he's not Muslim? During my Christian upbringing, I was taught that Jesus loved everyone and I should do the same. Who cares if gays can get married? I know I don't. Doesn't affect me any. The only grounds for not wanting gay marriage to be legal is that of religious grounds. Our Constitution does not allow for religious grounds to factor into any of our laws. I suggest the far right wing conservatives start following the Constitution they keep insisting everyone else is destroying.

That being said, it really won't help or hurt Obama either way. Anyone who wouldn't vote for Obama because of his support of gay marriage already wasn't voting for him. Anyone who would vote for Obama because of his support of gay marriage already was voting for him.

-Trappy

6. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Trappy in your Christian upbringing you should have learned that when God created Adam and Eve he said to them 'go forth and multiply'. Adaam and Eve could do that Albert and Alex can only go pack fudge. Mike.

7. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Barrelbulge, maybe he is a soap dropper.

8. GW22

GW22 Active Member

I know a gay midget.

He just came out of the cupboard :p

-Gary

9. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

I looked at the constitution and couldn't find anything authorizing fag marriage. Perhaps the great constitutional expert trappey can show me where it is.

10. scooterbum

scooterbum Active Member

Trappy12,

Living in Sodom, or Gomorrah, during their time, would have cost you your life.

11. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Well my 84 year old parents (who are Democrats) will not vote for him after is new found love for gay marriage. This will affect votes from many Christian Democrats who were raised to believe in the traditional family values.

They probably won't even vote.

12. chuckie68

chuckie68 Active Member

What is so gay about butt darts. Pretty disgusting if I had to have an opinion. Just sayin

13. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Trappy hasn't posted in weeks and this is the thread he decides to post. What's up with that??

14. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Trappy 12, if you knew anything about the Constitution, you would know that this is a States Right issue and the Fed has no business getting involved in marriage.

Marriage is a religious institution, and was not created by government.

Government got involved by issuing marriage licenses to foster the idea of the family and the bringing forth of children as well as giving legal identity to the man and women as a single unit, husband and wife joined as one.

If homosexuals want to get legal identify, they should do so with a civil union and leave the religious institution of marriage alone.

Just to prove how wrong you are, 30 States have laws stating marriage is between a man and a woman.

15. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

Barrelbulge, sure. Now explain to me how because you presumably are not gay, that you are better in the eyes of the lord.

Mr. Galt, where does it prohibit it? Here's one thing, the Constitution does not allow for religious views to dictate what the laws are. Since there is no objection to gay marriage other than those of religious grounds, the Constitution cannot accept laws that ban gay marriage. They may not have to honor it, but they cannot ban it. Prove me wrong.

scooterbum, yes, but so would lying, cheating, stealing, premarital sex, the list goes on. Ever do any of those things in your life? If we want to get biblical we could talk about this minor detail called The New Testament and perhaps the teachings of Jesus. As I read it, the only unforgivable sin is blasphemy.

Rick Barker, you're correct. Not all states have civil unions however, but as you stated, states rights issue. Full disclosure here, I am really not sure if I am in support of gay marriage or not. I certainly believe that gay couples should absolutely have the same legal recognition as married straight couples, to do anything otherwise is simply criminal. However, marriage is between a man and a woman. My grounds for my beliefs are strictly religious. My argument is simply that such bans on gay marriage are not constitutional as as I have been saying, religious grounds are not a legal basis from which to make laws. Same as my views on abortion. I certainly hate the idea of it, but the government has no grounds to tell people they can't have one.

-Trappy

16. Rick Barker

Sorry, but the laws of those 30 States are not unconstitutional, yet.

Don't kid yourself. The SCOTUS does take into consideration public opinion in their decisions. If they did not, why don't they strike down laws against the prohibition of using illicit drugs? Why does the "government have grounds to tell people they can't" use them?.

And laws have been based on religious grounds since the beginning, as the laws were contained in the religions, such as the 10 commandments, i.e. don't lie, steal, murder, etc.

As to abortion, how do you know when life begins? Murder is murder, plain and simple. When you kill a living creature, you end it's life. There is no gray area here for people who value all life and not just those which are convienent.

17. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

Well not to get sidetracked on the abortion issue, but there is tons of grey area. There are tons of different definitions of when life begins and what constitutes such a life being covered under laws. There are different views of that between the scientific, religious, and philosophical communities, and different views of each person in those communities. There simply isn't an answer. It is a question I cannot answer, nor do I believe can any man. So I leave that one up to the man upstairs. It's simply just not my place.

-Trappy

18. Gold Medal

Gold Medal Member

GW22---That was funny!

19. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

Look at it this way Trappy, the Man Upstairs really doesn't like a bunch of sissified, fudge packin' homos screwin' with a perfectly acceptable institution that us Normal Folk call marriage. You see, Little One, the Man Upstairs doesn't need you as his new spokesperson...He's already got this one figured out.

20. Rick Barker

Well here is some more info to think about.

When marriage is defined as a union between one man and one woman, it does two additional things, both to protect children.

The first thing it does is prevent unions of many men, many women, beasts and underage people. I

f you say that is is unconstitutional to limit a marriage between one man and one women, what about the people who want to practice polygamy?

Why should they be discrimated against?

What about people who want to marry animals?

Why should they be discrimated against?

The people who want to practice this behavior just want the right to pursue happiness as provided in the Constitution, what's wrong with that?

When a child is raised in a family with one man as the father and one woman as the mother, they have a higher stastical chance of growing up "normal."

Don't you care about the children? Don't you want to protect them?

Let's use a tactic used by the left. "If we can save just one child, the law is worth passing."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.