1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Obama and a Security Clearance

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by zoom, Nov 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zoom

zoom TS Member

Hey sports fans did you know that Obama could not pass a Top Secret Security Check. It's true..!!! Based on his past affilations and some statments that he has made,he would not pass. I got this info today from a friend in the US Secret Service. He said, it is a"loop hole" in the law that the President of the United States of America being an elected offical is not required to have a Top Security Clearance. So I guess a mad man could get elected and sit in on top level meeting and know one would give a crap! Is there something wrong here ???

2. nipper

nipper TS Member

no

bill

3. jimx200

jimx200 Member

Michelle is the one with the balls, maybe he could borrow hers.

4. zoom

zoom TS Member

Just as I thought.

BILL

5. J.Woolsey

J.Woolsey Member

The security clearance process is such, that he absolutely would not clear. Yes, the elected pres dosen't have to get a clearance. Mighty handy for a con artist, who manages to get elected. It's a poor situation that needs to be corrected, and not entirely because it is Ossama. J.Woolsey

6. jbbor

jbbor Active Member

President Clinton and many of his staff could not pass the clearence test and never were cleared. It's a different world today than in our Nations past. Jimmy Borum

7. widomaker

widomaker TS Member

I had one so if I could get one I'm sure the Prez elect can pull some strings no ?

8. k3uro

k3uro Member

Hey,

Come on, the Prez is their boss.

As far as I know, all government employees that are part of the executive branch work for the Prez. He can pretty much do as he needs to.

:eek:)

Take care,

Jim

9. J.Woolsey

J.Woolsey Member

Widomaker, I while in service, had a Top Secret Clearance, also had to undergo the procedure at each Nuclear facility I was employed at. Because we recieved them dosen't mean that the Pres elect or anybody else can pull strings to get one. So, the answer is NO, when it comes to having terrorist connections and very questionable friendships, not to mention a very troubled background. Under those circumstances, no matter who or what you are. you will not get it. In his case he gets all the privlidges, without having to get the clearance. That's a bad situation in my book. The ability to pass a Top Secret Security Clearance should be the #1 requirement to hold the first office. Just my opinion and we know about opinions. Woolsey

10. oldgahchamp

oldgahchamp Active Member

This was discovered several weeks ago but the news media hid it like all the other bad stuff about pres elect Osama. The new guy will probably do away with the Eagle and make the chicken the National Bird.

11. zoom

zoom TS Member

Well two days after the election some people I know are still buzzing about the pres elect security clearance issue and they are not happy. If the public would get behind this issue I feel that it might free up some of the government agencies that excell in back round checks.

12. Tommy67

Tommy67 Member

Even though Federal elected officials are not required to have a security clearance. I would certainly feel better about them if I knew they at least had the ability to obtain a top secret clearance. Obama clearly does not have the ability to obtain a top secret clearance. I work in this field and see a lot of otherwise well qualified people who are turned down for TS clearances for reasons much more minor than Obama's shortcomings. Anyone who attempts to disclaim, hide, or deny associations with individuals who have engaged in acts of treason, terrorism, or rebellion will find themselves unable to obtain a clearance. Obama's problem is that he attempted to hide these associations which leads to an honesty issue. Honesty, obviously, being one of the most critical measures of the ability to receive a security clearance.

Tom

13. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Being able to pass should be addressed before being allowed to run. The whole election system needs overhauled.

14. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

Clinton and many of his staff did not have one. Clinton was a draft (EVADER) fleeing the country rather than report for service. He remaained that way until he was covered under a Blanket Pardon for ALL such cases under Jimmy Carter. However he ius STILL listed as one in the security files. He couldn't be cleared under the process and Obama with his ties to radical anti Amercican groups can't be either. Obama(like Clinton) will get the privilege" without the clearance! I sure don't like it, but that's a fact of life I guess!

15. widomaker

widomaker TS Member

Did you know that a TS really is not that high of a clearance. The Prez elect has access to alot more sensitive information than that. My question would be then if he has access to all this info what really is the difference if he has doesn't have can get or cant get a clearance ? Now maybe its changed but when I had mine and I might just still have it not only did you need a clearance but you also had to have a need to know status. As far as I can tell up until this point he has that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.