1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Obama - Ammunition Accountability Act

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Djones, Jan 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Djones

Djones TS Member

Ammunition Accountability Act

Remember how Obama said that he wasn't going to take your guns?
    Well, it seems that his minions and allies in the anti-gun world have no problem with taking your ammo!

The bill that is being pushed in 18 states (including TN, Illinois and Indiana ) requires all ammunition to be encoded by the manufacture, a data base of all ammunition sales. So they will know how much you buy and what calibers. Nobody can sell any ammunition after June 30, 2009 unless the ammunition is coded.

Any privately held uncoded ammunition must be destroyed by July 1, 2011. (Including handloaded ammo.) They will also charge a .05 cent tax on every round so every box of ammo you buy will go up at least $2.50 or more! If they can deprive you of ammo they do not need to take your gun!

Please give this the widest distribution possible and contact your Reps!

It's the ammo, not the guns....
    I've said for a long time that they wouldn't go for your guns, they'd go for your ammo... guns have a Constitutional protection. Ammo does not. A list of states where this legislation is pending is in the final paragraph. Not in CO yet, they'll go where the pansies are first.

Heads up to all of you who swore to defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign AND domestic. Let your state Legislatures know that we do not want this bill passed, and petition them to vote no on this bill. We should keep after them until the bill is closed by bombarding them with e-mails, phone calls, and letters.

Get to all your politicians to get to work and NOT LET THIS HAPPEN!!! The 2008 Legislative session has begun, and the Ammunition Accountability Act is being introduced across the country. Below is a list of states where legislation has already been introduced:

Alabama, Arizona, California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Washington.

More information can be found at:

http://www.ammunitionaccountability.org/Legislation.htm

2. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Fred,

All the things you "did get", take a second and look at those items......all you got was more expense to use what was "ours" originally. Making I-80 a toll road was bound to happen because all the money trucks pay for road use tax doesn't go back to repair the roads we use. The money is squandered on frivilous crap like bicycle paths, time and motion wave studies on remote lakes that are of no consequence to anyone. Not to mention the big money spent on the "what causes flooding" study. After one year and about 4 million dollars the answer was clear.....rain. How many goverment dopes does it take to figure this out? When transportation companies use the turnpike we have to pay the toll, plus we also have to file a road fuel use tax report and pay based on the miles run there, not to mention the Pennsylvania "Franchise Tax" which states that if a trucking company makes more than a dozen deliveries in PA in one year we have to file a franchise tax report and pay that also. For a tractor trailer to run from Pittsburgh to Philly on the toll road @80,000 lbs costs us $125.00. Our company has ceased all operations in PA due to the excessive cost, opressive and biased nature of their tax and enforcement policies. I'm sure most folks in PA will embrace Obamas new ammunition bill because big goverment is here to save us from ourselves. I for one don't feel a bit sorry for anyone in PA due to the fact that most of those folks have turned their life over to the goverment to take care of all their needs. I wish you all well with the union mentality and the Democrats.

I look forward to your response.

3. jcallan

jcallan TS Member

sarge: "i personally, have no idea how anyone who shoots, hunts or believes in personal liberty and federalism could vote as so many did. it would make a great ph D dissertation."

Foward march! Just kidding. I believe that it has been a while since the American people listened to a presidential candidate that was eloquent. They voted for the best public speaker. It is clear that when you are mesmerized by the tone, timbre and eloquence by someone, then it does not matter what they promise. Good thing Obama does not play the flute...Lord help our children if he learns.

4. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

My apolojies Fred. I've battled those beaurocrat bastards up there for over 28 years and it's come to the point of enough is enough. Boycotting the a--holes is the only way to fight back.

Have met lots of great folks over the years shooting trap from PA and can't understand how so many up there (and everywhere else) have this "goverment save us mentality" issue. Of course the same thing can be applied to New Orleans.

All good,

Dave

5. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

We have entered a new era. Urban politics for everyone. Chicago, San Francisco, New York City. These people will make the laws from now on. Elections do indeed have consequences. Corrupt urban liberals now run America.

6. Hydra

Hydra TS Member

The problem is that the Dem are breeding. There are getting more and more of them. Va has always voted Rep but this year it went Dem. That had not happened sence the early 60's. I did not see that coming.

7. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

Liberals are growing in power. Just a few years ago it was inconceivable that a far left liberal from a large Northern city could be elected President of the United States. Our children being indoctrinated by far left representatives of the teachers unions, more female headed households with their hands out, more Hispanics with their hands out, more blacks with their hands out, more ex-union workers with their hands out, more old with their hands out, more farmers with their hands out, more college students with their hands out, and now more corporations with their hands out. We are a nation in permanent decline. I would put my hand out but every time I do the government takes more money out of it.

8. Rico52

Rico52 TS Member

Well said highflyer

Rick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.