1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Obama above the law again...

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Brian in Oregon, Dec 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
  2. Model Number 12

Model Number 12 TS Member

I'm shocked I tell you, shocked, that Obama does not respect the rule of law, but instead demands the rule of himself. November of 2012 can't get here soon enough.

Irregardless of this, may I wish a very Merry Christmas and a healthy, peaceful and prosperous New Year to all here on TS.com. MN12

3. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

BIO.... can you tell me how many "signing statements" George W. signed while in office???? Merry Christmas

blade819

4. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

I'd like to hear what Judge Napolitano at Fox News has to say about it.

5. blade819

159 signing statements by George W. Bush while in office. Of course, being Christmas we should only focus on this one by Obama. Nasty him!

blade819

6. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Blade, with all due respect Obama is in office now naturally we are going to critique him. Bush is no longer there so what damage if any he did is history. It only makes sense to critique the current office holder.And if you are suggesting a comparison that doesn't make sense as 2 wrongs do not make a right. Bulge.

7. Brad Dysinger

Brad Dysinger Member

blade819, You're an idiot. A Brad Dysinger siging statement. No 1.

8. bill1949

bill1949 Well-Known Member

Haven't we learned by now that Odumbass is above everything and everybody, must think he is Allah?....Bill

9. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Blade, what makes you think I've given a pass to GW? I've pounded the Patriot Act repeatedly here, for example. The difference is I don't excuse Obama's crap by blaming Bush for it.

10. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

When Obama got in to office he wanted to do something. He was told that he couldn't. He obama looked at him and said "I won". In other words I can do as I please. What an ass.

Remember to vote this Nov 2012.

11. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

When you campaign for Hope and Change with transparency and deliver NONE you should be criticized and called all sort's of names! YOU earned them all!

We've impeached 2 Presidents, some have been assassinated and we have one in office with no birth certificate of College transcript's and we can't get rid of him because we don't want to upset the apple cart!

give me a break!! Blade, wake up and smell the roses will ya!

Merry Christmas all!!

12. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

He signed it into law though? Clueless and over his head without a doubt. He is dumber than Carter and by a lot. He will go down as the worst president in history without so much as a close second. He make Carter look intelligent.

13. blade819

With all due respect to everyone but Mr. Dysinger... I assume everyone here knows the purpose of a signing statement? As for you Brad, please address me next June at the Cardinal Center and we'll discuss your insulting statement in person face to face. Merry Christmas.

blade819

14. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Merry Christmas to you also Blade. Bulge.

15. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Somehow I don't think Brad will be addressing someone he thinks is an idiot. Just a guess-- LOL.

16. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Obama ----- 00

Blame Bush -----92

Here we go again.

I'd be very careful about requesting a "political" face to face discussion at a trap shoot. It will likely result in someone being asked to leave early.....probably won't be the delegate.

17. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

He don't have to follow the Law. He is not an american. Never was and never will be. He has trashed his kind so bad that the pain for them is years to come. Problem is most are not enough well educated enough to realize it. Wild Bill

18. blade819

I brought up Bush's record not to blame him but to state how many signing statements he signed. It apparently is now a common practice as it wasn't before. I do not agree with it as a way for the President to clarify his interpetation of a law before he signs it. Essentially that is what W and Obama has and is doing. While my initial thread was not posted to necessarily point fingers at W but rather to make my case, my post apparently rubbed the wrong way those who want to use Obama as an example for being above the law. Merry Christmas to everyone. I would also suggest that if I were an ATA Delegate or State official, I would abstain from making such hateful statements about a fellow shooter in a public forum.

blade819

19. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

True enough that W used signing statements on occassion, mostly when the dems had control of the congress. Barry slammed him continously on the campaign trail about it. (Mr transparency) Once he got into office he has used it as a personal convienence twice as much (so far) as W did in 8 years.

The difference between Barry and W is that Barry is a serial liar of the first order.

20. blade819

dadioooo... I believe this is Obama's 6th 0r 7th signing statement. W used it 159 times. Whatever and whomever, the signing statement should be outlawed. If there is doubt about the interpetation of a bill or law, then send it back to Congress or don't sign it. Hope you're having a Merry Xmas and don't drink too much beer with the turkey.

blade819

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.