1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Oakwood Gun Club

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Foxhat, Apr 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Foxhat

Foxhat TS Member

I am new to trap shooting and live in Kouts Indiana. The Oakwood gun club is not to far from me. Is anyone a member or know anything about the club?

2. TERRYB

TERRYB Member

Foxhat,

I haven't been to Oakwood since I last visited the grandkids in Indiana about a year ago,but at that time, Oakwood was a open to the public, non-membership required club with 4 trap fields, one skeet field and a 14 station sporting clay layout....The owner is David Grissim (spelling?) and it is a very nice layed back type of club with reasonable fees....He does have a pro shop where you can buy ammo and accessories....I think he still throws ATA registered birds.....I think it would be worth your trouble to stop in and introduce yourself......Shoot safe, Terry

3. TERRYB

TERRYB Member

Forgot to add: Phone 219 956 4615......see their web site for additional info and hours of operation (oakwoodgunclub.com)......Terry

4. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Oakwood no longer shoots registerd but do have a web site . Oakwood does not shoot on monday best call .

5. Foxhat

Foxhat TS Member

Thanks for the information guys.

6. cle

cle Member

Oakwood is a really nice place, and Dave is as nice as they come. It was a loss when he quit throwing registered targets. If you're looking for registered shoots within a convenient drive take a look at the Glen Park IWL at Merrillville, Fulton County GC at Rochester, IN or Howard Township CC at Niles, MI. Not a bad one among them.

Check www.shootata.com and click on the "Shoots Near You." You can pick a drive radius that's convenient and it will show you what's available.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
howard township gun club

oakwood gun club

oakwood gun range