1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Oaktree GC ATA Oct 4th-5th

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by John H., Sep 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John H.

John H. Member

Oaktree's (Newhall, CA) regular monthly ATA is coming up next weekend Oct. 4th and 5th. Sign-ups start at 8, and the first event at 8:30, or as close to it as possible to take advantage of the best sun position.

Saturday's program is 100 singles, handicap and doubles.
    Sunday's program is 100 singles, handicap and a second handicap.

Prizes are Oaktree's normal generous gift certificates.
    Normal completion time is 1 to 1:30 for the three events.
    Come on out and enjoy getting 300 targets in daily in a relatively short period!

2. Bomber61

Bomber61 Member

3. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

4. John H.

John H. Member

5. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

where is newhall ca. located at? thanks dwain

6. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Oaktree is in the pass, right along the 5 Freeway, that is between the San Fernando and Santa Clarita Valleys. Newhall is the first town past the pass that makes up the Santa Clarita Valley. Do you need directions?

7. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

i will be in calif that weekend i might try to make it to newhall. directions would be appreciated jbrooks. thanks dwain

8. John H.

John H. Member

Oaktree has an excellent kitchen, with breakfast and lunch menus, and a extensive pro shop.

Its been hot so far this week, but suppose to be cooler over the weekend (mid 80's).

Hope you can make it!

9. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

From Greater Los Angeles, come up the 405 or 5, they merge about a mile before Roxford. Get off at Roxford, and go under the Freeway and turn right. This puts you on what is called the Old Road. Continue on it about 3 miles until you pass back under the Freeway and start up a steep hill. At the top of that hill is a street called Coltrane that takes you on an overpass back over the Freeway and turn right. This road deadends at the Club.

I'm shooting Saturday, most of the guys can point me out.

10. 682LINY

682LINY Member

I shot there last friday,,rough around 5 pm,sun glare off rib,,,,and those funny green targets,,,that being said,,,nice people shooting,,,and one let me try his 682 unsingle,,,I LOVE THAT GUN,,,,see you all next year..Bill from NY

11. John H.

John H. Member

Update-We will be using 4 fields for the ATA, starting 4 squads at once and do all 100 on the same field without moving. This allows us to move the quickest and be able to have 3 events per day, and finish around 1 to 1:30 usually if we start at 8:30.

Remember that Jim Flynn (gunsmith) will be there, and prizes are Oaktree gift certificates. The Pro Shop has many Anniversary Specials going, and has shot in stock at special pricing also.

See you tomorrow!

12. John H.

John H. Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.