1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Oakley shooting glasses

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Bitter American, Jul 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bitter American

Bitter American TS Member

Anybody using oakley shooting glasses? What do you think and which lens?

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Overpriced and not very good in my opinion. Frames all around the lens, peripheral vision partly obscured.

Unless they have a model I didn't see, I would use Rangers instead.

Oakley is the H-D of glasses, mostly sold to people who want to be cool.

HM

3. TURNKEY321

TURNKEY321 Member

I have been using Ranger glasses for the last few years and switched to the Oakley Radar model last month. The Oakley's seem to be lighter and cooler in the summer months. I am waiting on the (G-26) shooting lens, this lens is a CMT style lens that will block green and blue while enhancing orange. They are expensive, I've spent $210.00 on the frame yellow and bronze lenses. The (G-26) is an additional $100.00 . However, this is about the same as a set of the new Ranger XLW.

4. ukwildcat

ukwildcat Member

https://secure.usstandardissue.com/Index.cfm
    Above website is a great deal for Oakley products. You must be government, firefighter, police, military or others. The web site will explain.

I wear the Oakley Pro M frame shooting array and I have several lenses that I change for light conditions. I Have golf and fishing lenses for the same frame.

Please pass the web site around to any friends that qualify to purchase. They can buy pro-m frames for $55.00, great deal. It even beats my 50% discount that I get for working for Oakley's parent company.

Jeff Dean

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.