1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Oakley Shooting Glasses Extreme Performance

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by brdslayr, Aug 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brdslayr

brdslayr Well-Known Member

About three weeks ago I got hit with a chunk of broken target in the left lens of my Oakley's. They saved my eye, but left a large scratch that couldn't be polished out. So after buying a new lens($55) I decided to see just how tough my old lenses were. Put them on a large zuchinni so there would be some mass behind the lens and backed up 30 yards. Shell used was a Nitro 27 7 1/2. Not one pellet made it thru. The zuchinni didn't fare as well. I'm impressed. Thank you Oakley for a great product. JW

2. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

Oakley makes good stuff.

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

That picture is worth a 1000 words. You should email the pic and story to Oakley. I bet they would respond.

I have Oakley sunglasses and they are worth the money IMHO

4. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

I don't believe Oakley is pro gun. They seem to have gotten away from anything shooting sport related on their website including advertising any glasses as shooting specific. I still use the two pair i have had for several years and love them but i have a feeling they are playing to the PC crowd. Great test by the way. Thanks for showing the results.

5. ccw1911

ccw1911 Member

They were pro gun at one time, they sponsored some pistol shooters even.

6. Anthony.L

Anthony.L Member

Oakley has an entire line of products for military. How could you call that not pro gun?

7. Pump4Smoke

Pump4Smoke Member

Oakley does provide products for LE and the military at a greatly discounted rate. It's not the most current "fashion" stuff (I use that word cautiously). It's usstandardissue dot com. You can go on and read the testimonials from both war fronts and how much they appreciate what Oakley does for them.

Years ago Oakley actually used advertising showing exactly what you did with that lens; they shot at it with the same results.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.