1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Oakley Radar Glasses

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Kyle Spieles, Jul 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kyle Spieles

Kyle Spieles Member

I am looking for a new pair of sunglasses and found some Oakley Radar with the G-26 Lenses. They are around $180 brand new. Has anyone tried them for shooting? What are your thoughts? Thanks.

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

I am selling a set of oakley radars, will separate.

http://www.trapshooters.com/noframes/cfpages/thread.cfm?threadid=224244&Messages=2

3. Kyle Spieles

Kyle Spieles Member

Has anyone had any expeirences with the G26 lenses that Oakley recommends for shooting. Any idea what they compare to as far as a shooting orange, yellow, etc?

4. staynumz

staynumz Member

I have a set of Oakley Radar XL's with the G26.
    From a skeet perspective, I think they are a good set because of the wide field of vision. There is nothing in the way except for a small amount at the nose bridge.
    As far as orange popping? All I can compare it against is my Ranger XL's. And I did not have the CMT lens. I have tried out a set of HiDefSpex also.
    The G26 will bring out the orange noticably, but not nearly as much as the HiDefs. But much better than standard Ranger lens's, at least the ones I had.
    The G26 is the only lens I use and it has been a good all around lens. I am thinking of trying other colors, but by the time I buy those I would be in HiDef territory financially. Plus, removing the lens is kinda a pain.
    Good luck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.