1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Oakley as Shooting Glasses, which lens color?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by SEC, Mar 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC

SEC TS Member

Does anyone use Oakley sunglasses as shooting glasses?
    If you do, what color lens do you use?

Thanks,

Scott

2. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

They have a persimmon that is pretty good. I have an M frame and have interchangeable lenses. Brown, grey, clear as well as persimmon.

3. LOWGUN

LOWGUN TS Member

Cabela's sell an array kit that has the G26,clear and a medium brown lens that does very well. Mike

4. perazzitms

perazzitms TS Member

Iridium Gold.

5. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

why do so few shooters and no really top ones wear oakleys? I have wondered that

regards from Iowa

Gene

6. bigben

bigben Active Member

Gene, I think you'll find that there is too much distortion in the Oakley lenses, I have the iridium gold, persimmon, gray m framed, and all of them give unacceptable distortion,not as bad up and down, but side to side,wow! especially in doubles when you take the first target and instantly move your eyes to lock on the second one, the first few times this happened I thought the wind came up and was doing tricks to the targets,but alas there was no wind! that's the reason many very accomplished shooters tend to shy away as they have experienced the same thing, hope this helps. incinerate em!

7. richrob

richrob TS Member

I second persimmon, I have a set of them on a pair of half jackets, they fit tigher to your face than M-Frames and I have not seen any of the distortion. Also they have great impact resistance, I use them for hunting as well. -Rich

8. dognduck

dognduck TS Member

over here in the uk their one of the most popular

9. trapshoot27

trapshoot27 TS Member

I have been using M Frame for 5 yrs. have not had any problems with distortion. The VR28 works well in most light situations and amber for night.I also have other lens for over cast days. Just need to pick color for your background and color of target.Todd

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

does anybody use oakley goggles for shooting

persimmon shooting glasses