1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/Y 22 Mag Info

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by unioncracker, Dec 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. unioncracker

unioncracker Member

O/T 22 Mag Info

Looking to purchase a 22 mag. Thought savage made a tube fed but can't find one. What do all of you think is a good solid accurate rifle. Looking to buy in Ga or Fl if someone has for sale. Advice good to.

Thanks

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Marlin is a good alternative. If the Savage with accutrigger costs too much, Rifle Basix has a fixit for 75 or less.

I have a Marlin and it's just peachy keen. If you get ammo with good bullets it shoots squirrels right in the eye.

HM

3. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

My Ruger 77/22 VMBZ loves to shoot CCI MaxiMag 40gr HPs into sub MOA groups! Most accurate factory ammo yet for this gun. A friend has a Sako Quad that shoots equally well with the same ammo.

Handloads with 40gr V-Max bullets seated to 1.540 OAL are simply deadly accurate!

Best bang for the buck goes to the Savage 93 with heavy barrel.

AndyH

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Handloads?

HM

5. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Marlin really makes a nice rifle and the savage has that newer trigger design -

But if the Marlin trigger isnt to your liking- which it might be anyway- its a simple trigger to smooth and lighten

regards from Iowa

Gene

6. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

The Marlin 22 mags are great shooters...period !!.......Uncle Sam,Pa.

7. Trap4

Trap4 Member

Uncle Sam, I have a Marlin 22 mag. Would you show me how to shoot it?

Trap-4

8. fletcher

fletcher TS Member

Please give us more info on the handloads this has me just a pit curious. Thanks Andy cannot wait for your reply.

9. cementman

cementman Member

Have a Browning A Bolt 22 mag in the safe and really never shot the gun, has anyone a opinion on this particular gun.

10. chemist

chemist Member

looked at an Anshutz 52M(?) in Ny state-nice gun and it was fairly priced- then I looked at the ammo costs- expensive plinker-I'll stick with my Model 61 in 22lr - I also wanna see the reloader for that and the source of the empty rimfire reloadable cases-

11. swamp rat

swamp rat TS Member

I have a Marlin model 883 ( tube feed, bolt action). It will shoot under 3/4" 5 shoot group at 150 yds with winchester super X ammo. I bought this gun used a few years ago. You cant go wrong with the marlin 22's or 22 mags. You can find these gun in the 125.00 range used in good condition.

12. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

EE hit it on the head! Using a collet type bullet puller, it's fairly easy to remove the factory slug and reload the WMR case with precision bullets. You may also substitute different powders, but I'm not giving any suggestions. Seating the new bullet with a "chamber" style die is key to top performance. Sure make for pricey WMRs, but I love to see the looks I get when people see these things for the first time!

AndyH

13. deercreek

deercreek Well-Known Member

Buy a CZ, much better quality than current produced Marlin's or Savage's.

14. Mike Battista

Mike Battista Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Go to my web site www.silverdollarfirearms.com
    I have a Marlin 882 SS rifle on there you might like. .22 mag, syn stock SS barrel, scope rings, comes with ammunition. $300.00
    Mike Battista

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.