1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

o/u which barrel first

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Steve W, Jan 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Under.

2. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The nice thing about it is you have your choice, so which ever one works best for you would be the one I would shoot if I was you ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

3. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Probably doesn't matter much, but most folks shoot bottom barrel first.

4. jfan517

jfan517 Member

Under

5. semperfi909

semperfi909 Well-Known Member

I have old style non-selectable trigger Perazzis for both modes. I can't tell the difference and I sure couldn't tell you which it was if I didn't know. I believe that there was a top first fad (fad?) in the old international pigeon load days for what reason I couldn't say, but there were several Perazzi models, trap and pigeon both, that were top 1st from the factory.
    Thanks to the negative press by the likely uninformed the top 1st guns are less "desirable" hahahaha. I personally really appreciate it cuz I got a couple PRIMO guns at bargain prices for no other reason. My top 1st Mirage is about NIB, went for peanuts at LV a couple years ago and is a killer. What's not to love?

All you single bbl guys are shooting top 1st guns every time you pull the trigger. You feel like you're getting beat up unnecessarily? Prolly not.eh.

Charlie

6. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

I always choke the bottom barrel the tightest....when shooting sporting or doubles, I tend to shoot a heavier load in the bottom in a tighter constriction (if I am shooting different constrictions otherwise I shoot bottom first)

7. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

sernv99: you've hit the nail on the head! I'd always wondered why some Perazzis were top first, and after much digging, the reason is European pigeon shooters would shoot a heavier load for the second shot, and put it in the bottom bbl. because of reduced recoil. MX-2s, etc. In fact, my MX-11 seemed to shoot slightly higher with the top bbl. so I had an eccentric choke tube made so that they were about the same, or slightly higher in the bottom bbl. You don't want excessive recoil for the first shot at flyers, got to stay in the gun!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.