1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/U BBLS, not shooting the same pattern

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Lkn4rocks, Aug 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lkn4rocks

Lkn4rocks TS Member

OK, I’ll bite, normally if this is a trap o/u, the lower barrel shoots higher that the top, sounds like Kolar is your best bet but they may need you to send more than just the O/U barrels to make a true evaluation, like the whole gun & if it was in my case the nut behind it.

True, there is no way to evaluate POI by shooting off hand, only way is from a bench rest, both you and the shotgun (just like a rifle and a scope), using the TIGHTEST choke that you can get and with that SAME choke in each barrel for that barrels evaluation of POI. If you followed this process to acquire your stated results, WOW, it’s beyond me!

Like I said, sounds like Kolar is your best bet.

Just my 2 cents.

2. 89badger

89badger TS Member

I purchased a new Kolar Trap Combo this summer and had a similar experience. After setting up the unsingle to my desired POI (approx 85%), I fired the O/U barrels to find the POI substantially lower on both barrels (approx 55% and 60%). I worked with Kolar to get the O/U barrels elevated through a combination of changing hangars and custom chokes that "tipped" the POI up to 85%. I also know of another Kolar owner who had a similar issue with his O/U barrels.

They will work with you to make sure you are satisfied. Just let them know what your expectations are.

3. phirel

phirel TS Member

Shootnclays- I realize that your problem has been a nuisance, but things could be worse. If one barrel shot to the right and the other shot to the left, the cure would be much more complicated.

Pat Ireland

4. phirel

phirel TS Member

Shootnclays- I will have to check the rule book, but I believe if you miss the pattern paper at 13 yards off a rest, it is a failure to fire. You only get two failures to fire during a patterning session. Any more after that, we get to laugh at you.

Pat Ireland

5. dave-320c

dave-320c Well-Known Member

Hi:
    You should be setting the comb to properly set the O/U barrels first. Once you have the POI where you want it on the under barrel, then set the adjustable rib for the unsingle.
    I think that should solve your problem.
    Regards,
    Dave

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.