1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/U Barrels for Perazzi MX 15

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by JGS, Aug 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JGS

JGS Member

As you guys know, the Perazzi MX15 is sold only as an un-single shotgun, there is not a combo offering. Does Perazzi make a set of o/u barrels for one of their other model shotguns that will fit the MX15 and that will have a similar sight picture as that of the MX15 unsingle barrel? Thanks.

2. slickhead

slickhead Active Member

MX-14 or MX-8 will be as close as you will get.

3. blackbear-57

blackbear-57 Member

I have a MX8 o/u barrel with an add on rib for height which would match up to your MX15 if you are interested. Thanks Steve

4. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

JGS, before you buy an O/U set for an MX-15 you have to decide a couple things. First is barrel length. Second is what POI you want for doubles.

I had an MX-15 with a 35" barrel. I added 31.5" MX-8 trap barrels to make it a combo. I hated that setup. I listened to conventional wisdom which said, that's what you need. I should have thought it out first.

Barrel length makes a big difference in what you see as the bead/bird relationship. If you see the bead on the bird with the 35", you have to see daylight between the bead and the bird with a 31.5" barrel. If you put the bead on the bird, you'll shoot over.

Since you are effectively raising the bead of the shorter barrel to see the same sight picture as the longer barrel, you have raised your POI. That's generally not what you want for doubles when the second target is taken father away and it has flattened out.

So if you shoot a flat gun, say 60/40 for everything, AND you are looking flat down the rib (buried beads), then any length MX-8 trap barrels will do. If your unsingle is set up a little higher than that, and the O/U barrels are shorter than the Unsingle, you should consider a higher ribbed gun. MX-3 Special barrels or MX-10/2000RS barrels would be the ticket. If you want your O/U to shoot flatter than the unsingle, you might even go up to an MX-10 O/U.

Don't forget, you will be limited by how high your comb is set for singles and handicap, unless you want to adjust it for doubles. If I still had my MX-15 and I was buying O/U barrels for it, I would buy MX-2000RS O/U barrels, because I now know from experience they would work the best for me. Plus I'd have an adjustable rib on the O/U for fine tweaking POI.

I got fed up with my combo and went to an MX-2000RS setup with 35" unsingle and 34" O/U. That suits me much better. If I could wave a magic wand the 35" would shrink to a 34", then it would be a perfect combo.

5. Mike Battista

Mike Battista Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

You can put a set of DB-81 barrels on your MX-15 and you'll be fine. I have that set up on my MX-15 and don't have to change the comb height for either set of of barrels. If you want a set, call me.
    Mike Battista
    727 410 5212

6. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

I used an MX10 adjustable. Worked good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

perazzi mx15 barrel

shotgun barrel work mx 15 perazzi