1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/U barrels, do they have same POI, or different

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by yendor12, Mar 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yendor12

yendor12 Member

I wanted to see if each barrel, top and bottom, should have the same POI.
    Last week I bought my first CG O/U barrell 32" and patterened it. I patterened the bottom barrel first at 70/30 to my liking.
    I assumed that the top would be the same....it wasn't, I had a pattern of at the least 50/50 but no more that 60/40 at 35yrds.
    1 oz load/ 1200fps
    Questioning some experienced doubles shooters they said this was normal for that disipline.
    Good advice wanted.
    Thanks
    Rod

2. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

You should first check all you choke tubes in the same barrel to see if they all strike the same POI. Often, they do not. Separate and keep the ones that do. Then, using a known good tube, shoot for POI in the other barrel. Then you can determine whether they are properly converged or not.

3. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

An O/U from Caesar Guerini should hit the same POI with each barrel at 35 yards. You could probably special order something different, but you didn't.

I would call Caesar Guerini. Get it from the horse's mouth.

4. maltzahn

maltzahn Active Member

I would consider that CGun O/U barrel to be perfect. Not a barrel set with the same POI. Want to sell it?

Maltz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.