1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/U Barrels and POI Manufactures tolerances

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by OLD ONE EYE, Nov 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

I have seen posts about Beretta barrels with POI problems and I have no doubt that there are some Beretta barrels that do not shoot in the same spot a 40 yards. After reading about this I shot all 3 of my Berettas for POI a old 680 a 686 and a 687 the first 2 had the older barrels the 687 has the optima. All 3 guns shot to poi both barrels which please me greatly and after checking improved my confidence in these guns. I am sure with the number of barrels Beretta makes there are some dogs in the pack so checking is advised but I would think most guns made in large quantities at middle price range suffer from the same issues. Question is if they fix the problem that is what matters after the purchase and problem is found. The term that concerns me most is " it is within tolerances " that scares me we need to hold the companies feet to the fire and ask them to publish the tolerances they set before we buy. This would remove a gray area to deal with after the fact. I also think this is what would separates the better gun manufactures to deal with. I would like to see some posts on issues you have experienced and the results would help in making future purchases for all of us on TS.com

2. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

OOE, when I complained to Beretta about the convergence issues with my Gold E combo I was told different things on different calls. One one I was told they made it that way intentionally, because it "helped" shooters. On another call I was told that as long as the over and under barrels shot within 8" of each other at 40 yards it was within tolerance and they would not do anything about it. I have a friend who was told the same thing by Browning.

3. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

As ZZT says, it isn't only the B guns having this problem, most all have what I call "Monday" guns leaving their factories! SideXsides also have this problem so much so you'd think the guy was drunk when putting the barrels together! Most of the older SXSs were better regulated for both barrels POI at 40 yards than the newer ones I've had experience with. Same thing for the O/Us. I now have a P MX-3 Special O/U and single and all three barrels are closer to the same POI than ANY combo I've ever owned! Manufacturer doesn't matter it seems if they don't take the time necessary to "regulate" the barrels POI at 40 yards!!

Hap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.