1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/U Barrel Setup For Doubles.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by hrosik123, Mar 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hrosik123

hrosik123 Member

I only shoot o/u barrels. My gun shoots 90/10. I use imp. cyl and imp. mod. With a high shooting gun you have to be fast on the first bird so your second bird can be shot on the rise. Doubles are a lot of fun. You'll enjoy them. Remember one move with doubles. Pos. 1&2 right then left, 3 is your choice, then 4&5 are left then right. Targets always come out the same. Good luck and have fun

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

The gun has to be set up to match your style of shooting. The second shot is the most important to get right. If the bird has reached its peak or is falling when you shoot it, then a flat shooting 2nd barrel will be a great help.

Chokes are also important. How fast you shoot the birds will determine how you should set up the gun. HMB

3. ramen39

ramen39 Member

I havn't changed mine from what it was set up at when it was made. If I remember correctly the bottom barrel is 80/20 and the top one is 60/40. I think that is about average.

4. MXSHOOTER

MXSHOOTER TS Member

Mine both hit the same point of impact as my single barrel, and I wouldn't want it any other way, I don't understand the logic of using different points of impact, I'm far from the best doubles shooter but have maintained a AA average over the last few years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.