1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/U Barrel Length ?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by FredB, Sep 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FredB

FredB Member

I'm moving up from an 1100 to my first O/U and wanted some opinions as to the preferred barrel length 30" or 32" my single is a Top 34" my instinct is to go 32" but have heard the 30" tends to swing quicker and is less tiring. Experienced advice is appreciated!

Thanks,

2. 101voodoo

101voodoo TS Member

Fred,

I have a 682 with a 34" top single and a 30" o/u. I really notice the difference in barrel length when switching between the two; its a distraction.

If I could do it over, I would definitely get the 32's.

Jim

3. midalake

midalake Well-Known Member

32" would be my choice for ALL clay target games. You want to swing a little faster in skeet or clays move your leading hand back.

GS

4. FredB

FredB Member

Thanks guys good info much appreicated!

5. randy-s

randy-s Member

Insignificant! If the gun fits and shoots where you look, you will do well regardless of barrel length.

6. phirel

phirel TS Member

I have 32 inch O/U barrels and a 34 inch single barrel. It is a personal choice.

The most important aspect of barrel length is to make absolutely certain the barrel is long enough to snugly fit into the receiver and extend to the end of the rib.

Pat Ireland

7. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

I think its easier to sell or trade the longer ones if that ever is going to come into play.

8. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

My Beretta had 34 single 30 O/U. When I went to my K80 with 34 single 32 O/U I found I liked having barrels closer to the same length much better. Guess it depends on personal pref. Of course if you are going to throw shooting skeet into the mix with the same gun 30 O/U probably makes more sense.

9. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

Pat: Are Top Singles easier to shoot than Unsingles? Or is this a myth.
    Thanks,
    Dave T.

10. DickG

DickG TS Member

It depends on the gun, and your preference. A 32" Comp1, and a 32" Beretta are two totally different animals. Weight, balance, etc. Compare an Ithaca MX-8, and a current Perazzi USA MX-8, and you'll see the difference.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.