1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/U Barrel Cleaner

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Raider Red, Apr 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raider Red

Raider Red Member

What do you use and does it work?

2. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

I've used a lot of cleaners over the years and have settled on Clenzoil. Cleans well, won't hurt the wood and you can use it in a confined space.

Gene in Illinois

3. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I second Clenzoil. Protects the metal against rust and doesn't harm the wood. Jackie B.

4. pumpernck

pumpernck Member

I use two products, Eezox and Slp 2000 EWL. The first is chlorinated, like Brakecleaner, so I use that outside or in a ventilated place. Slp is an oil and is used extensively by the military for their chain guns in combat. Has no smell, is totally synthetic and does NOT attract dust and dirt like most oils or greases. Both are unsurpassed in corrosion protection, as they are penetrating and bond with the metal by actually going below the surface. they both make cleaning a much easier chore, as your patches come out after the first pass with almost all of the residue and fouling on them, including the plastic fouling from the wad. Try either or both, I doubt that you will use anything else once you do. Cheers, Pete

5. Bluzman98

Bluzman98 Member

My question would be...why would an O/U barrel/shotgun require a different cleaner that would used on a single barrel shotgun? I have always used the same cleaners and lubes for both with zero problems.

Jim C

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.