1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Zimmerman not guilty

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Shooting Jack, Jul 13, 2013.

1. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

This has helped me to have more trust in our legal system. I had honestly felt they would find him guilty of a lesser charge even though I thought he was innocent of murder. He was responsible regardless by the confrontation. He will have to live with the fact that he took another persons life regardless of the circumstances. Jackie B.

2. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

The prosecutor should never have charged Zimmerman to begin with. A purely political prosecution that ended exactly as most folks hoped.

Best, Dennis

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

So now the question is, what new media hype is waiting in the wings?

After the riots, that is.

HM

4. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Obama and Holder even got their 2 cents in on it ... I don't know if I have any faith in the legal system except in this one case, you have to start some place I guess ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

5. ou.3200

ou.3200 Well-Known Member

The jury did the right thing. The question now is what will Obama and Holder do? You can bet they will consider civil rights charges against Zimmerman.

6. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

HALLE-FRICKIN'-LOOOYA!

JUSTICE AT LAST!

7. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

WS-1 nailed it.

8. SBray

SBray Active Member

Every time I listen to the prosecutor of this case, as I am now doing on Fox news, he comes across to me as having an agenda to put forth. He seems way too over zealous.

I commend the jury for their strength to take on this task, especially coming back with a verdict that others will certainly falter them for.

This is a no win situation that Zimmerman who will have to live with for the rest of his life.

It is a shame that the government and media played the race card to further complicate matters.

Steve

9. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

Let the racism come out now!!! Sharpton first in line..

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/sharpton-slap-face-those-who-believe-justice-country_739351.html

10. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Hopefully, Mr Zimmerman has put his affairs in order with a Trust. Can't get blood out of a turnip.

11. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

Sharpton needs to take a walk thru a dark neighborhood with some skittles and try to attack a ccw permit holder. Justice to these leftist gutter rats always comes down to race. How many rallies has he done in Chitown over blacks killing blacks by the thousands?

12. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

S. C.,

It is my understanding that the 'not guilty' verdict will protect Zimmerman from the possibility of a civil suit.

13. Claydotter

Claydotter Active Member

I believe HSLDS is correct.

Regards , Pete

14. Husky44

Husky44 Active Member

http://news.yahoo.com/jury-reaches-verdict-in-zimmerman-trial-131511601.html

"Estefania Galvez, a protester with the national "Justice for Trayvon" group, said protesters will hold a press conference on Sunday at the courthouse to announce a national day of protest on Monday."

Must be nice not to have to work on Monday...

15. jagrdawger

jagrdawger TS Member

A not guilty verdict did not protect OJ from a civil suit.

Maybe he should sue Martins estate for the emotional toll he suffered from being beaten and called racial names. Concurrent with that is the suit against DOJ, Holder and BO for using federal funds to try to infringe on his rights and an injunction to prevent them from further use of federal DOJ funds to infringe on his rights.

16. crusha

crusha TS Member

I just hope Zimmerman, and other CCW toters, have learned a valuable lesson from this. Mind your own business, don't be vigilantes, and only use that gun for your own protection and that of your loved ones.

On the other side of the equation, I do hope the young punk-types also learn that it's a new day in America - now that all 50 states have CCW laws. When you jump someone and start pummeling them, you should not assume they will only fight back with fists. I believe Zimmerman played some role in initiating the situation, but at the time he pulled the trigger, the jury must have believed he was justified. Being "followed" is not sufficient reason to use deadly force on someone. You cannot kill someone because they're following you...but if they're pummeling you, that's different.

That distinction, and the general deadly-force legal landscape created by the CCW movement, is a new reality the Left is going to have to get used to...and you can tell they're having trouble with it, judging from the stuff that's turning up already on the internet. I predict we're going to hear a lot of Mike Royko style stories about how "fist-fights used to end with fists - today it's guns" or "people would shake hands afterward," etc. or other irrelevant analogies.

17. jagrdawger

jagrdawger TS Member

Husky - many of them will be at work as protesters funded by the DOJ. Just like all of the union protesters who work as protesters.

18. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

First off this case shouldn't have gone to trial in the first place AND WOULD NOT HAVE if Zimmerman was black or Martin had been white! It was fueld by the left wing liberal gutter rats, race baiters like Sharpton and Jackson, and the low life scum suckers in the liberal media who stoked this 24/7 and made this all about race to begin with! I also blame the RINO Governor who decided to APPOINT a special prosecuter to save his poitical hide! The female prosecuter in this case knew there was no way in Hell she would get a bill from a Grand jury so she did it on her own for political gain! She saw this as a ticket to better opportunities and maybe even the state AG office! What was particlarly disgusting, was the Judge allowing the "new" manslaughter charge "AFTER" Zimmerman declined to take the stand! Most legal observers think this was dirty pool! As it turned out it worked out for him but it was still dirty! Until THAT happened,I was beginning to think she MIGHT have been impartial. That went out the window afterwad. Under FL law there cannot be civil suit relating to a criminal case IF the defendant was exonerated. That being said Zimmerman's life will be difficult to say the least! He has thousands in unpaid legal fees, He will be hounded by the left wing dirt bags and race baiters and there may even be an attempt on his life by black hate groups like the Black Panthers. I am also concerned for the well being of the Jurors in this,but, you can bet that Emperor Obama and that piece of scum, Eric Holder won't get the Justice Dept. involved if anything happens! I am sorry for both families and the community at large. I am also sorry for the Police Chief who was wrongfully dismissed for doing the right thing to start with! The whole mess stinks and I do pray that more violence will NOT come of it!

19. fast gun

fast gun Active Member

I wish him all the best he's got a lot on his plate to deal with.

I guess ozero got his post toasties crapped in.

Maybe common sense it making a comeback

20. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Criminal and civil charges have no relationship. Just ask O.J.