1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Your "Favorite" Pet Peeves?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by GW22, Jul 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Got any Pet Peeves (shooting related or not) which drive you crazy? Here are a few of mine:

1) People who refer to all clay shooting games as "skeet shooting." Even the trap shooting episode of The Andy Griffith Show had Andy calling the event a "skeet shoot."

2) Characters in movies who shoot large-caliber handguns which magically have no muzzle jump, and never need a fresh magazine.

3) Movies which show someone using a cutting torch while wearing an arc welder's helmet (which is basically like wearing a blindfold). I've probably seen this in twenty different movies or TV shows, and it makes me want to throw a brick at the screen every time.

4) People using the words "regime" and "regimen" interchangeably. As in, "I just started a new exercise regime." I once heard a network news anchor do this.

5) When young dummies use the term "AWESOME!" to describe everything from the ordinary to the mundane. I mean, for goodness' sake...

...When I saw my children emerge from their mother's womb, it was AWESOME. ...When an American set foot on the moon, it was AWESOME. ...When my high-school girlfriend performed a lewd act on me while I was driving down the turnpike, it was AWESOME.

...YOUR STUPID EYEBROW PIERCING IS NOT AWESOME!

-Gary

2. Big Az Al

Big Az Al Well-Known Member

O/T Your

1:) People that can not drive in the first place, talking on their CELL phones while trying to drive!

2: about the same as above but now they are showing their Italian accent (hands waving all around) how they are steering GOD only knows!

3: someone merging unto an Interstate that has a 75 MPH speed limit at ALL OF 45 MPH, they never tried to go faster on the exceleration ramp!

AL

3. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

O/T Your

Hollywood, no matter how small of an car accedent the car has to blow up. If a car hits another car in the rear it flies up in the air.

I agree with the fact that people who can't drive alread have to havbe a cell phone in their ear to make things worst.

Cell phone in public areas. I don't want to hear your conversation while standing in line at the bank or store.

When trying to merg onto a road way and there are two cars on the road One on the road you are trying to merg on to and you. Does that car move over for you? NO they just block you from trying to get in the right lane.

The speed limit is 45 and people have to drive 35.

When at the check out lane and the cashier looks at the person and tells them the price they then look at the cashier OH I HAVE TO PAY. Then they start to look for their check book, credit cards or money. Why can't they have it all out and ready to pay the casier??????

In some peoples minds they are the only people in the world and you are in their way. In other words they like to take up the center of the sidewalk and or lanes in stores.

4. birdtracker

birdtracker Active Member

O/T Your

1. When the line I am in at the store has to come to a grinding halt everytime....
    2. When a cashier has to tell you her whole life story in 30 seconds that it took to pay for a flat of shells.
    Birdtracker

5. Kolarpole

Kolarpole Member

O/T Your

ALL places of business that have l0 to l7 check out stations and only 2 are open.............RUN EM.......

6. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

O/T Your

People who pull into Handicap parking and the driver stays behind the wheel saying they are waiting for somebody handicapped essentially using it as 15 minit parking...and the person being waited for basically RUNS to the car

7. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

O/T Your

I hate it when Shootlow calls me "son".

I'm not his son but I think he does it because he is so much older than I am. lol

Hauxson!

8. Auctioneer

O/T Your

People who take up two parking spaces with their car.

9. Marplot

Marplot TS Member

O/T Your

I am too poor to have a pet peeve.

But my wife has one: People who complain about a lot of trite things.

But for me,
    When I am doing 75 MPH on the expressway, in a 65 MPH zone and someone pulls up behind me (I can be in ANY lane) and they begin honking for me to change lanes so they can go faster. Screw 'em, they can go around!

Bill

10. pcrc11

pcrc11 TS Member

O/T Your

People who use the trap shooting forum to discuss non trap shooting issues!!!

11. Chip Pitcairn

Chip Pitcairn TS Member

O/T Your

People who refuse to move to the right and let faster traffic through. Also known as left lane bandits.The left lane on a multi lane highway is for PASSING.

12. squirrelkiller

squirrelkiller TS Member

O/T Your

My most recent peeve is the term "pulled." As in pulled pork, pulled beef,.... We have been butchering and processing the same for decades. People have really been caught up in buying pulled pork. Hogwash. My all time favorite is people who paint hedge posts. Or, the person who insists on backing into the parking spot with his rig "car" and is taking WAY too long and really holding me up.

13. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

O/T Your

I hate that Tron has lost his Trolling rights ! Jeff

14. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

O/T Your

Young men who wear their pants so they can show their underwear,,,,they think it is so cool for the gangsta look,,,,they are too stupid to know that is how they "advertise" for a girlfriend in prison,,,,I guess "boys" are different nowadays....

Parkers in the left lane,,,,if you are not passing, MOVE _YOUR_ A$$ TO THE RIGHT LANE....(for you that think I should pass on the right, go back to driver's ed and look up blind spots)

Kids that wear their caps backwards,,,,there are not that many baseball catchers or welders

"Gentlemen" that sit at the dinner table with their caps on,,,,only tried that once with my dad and I can still remember the thump on my noggin

Those that tell a seller here that "their" price is too HIGH,,,,yet would take that price if it was THEM selling....

15. pa pete

pa pete Member

O/T Your

Auctioneer, are you by any chance in the "Yield" lane when you are trying to enter the "right lane"? "Pete" McDonough.

16. amboy49

amboy49 Well-Known Member

O/T Your

The Andy Grifftih episode ? The only one I've ever seen they were shooting skeet ! He lost to a woman that he didn't know was skeet shooting champion.

17. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

O/T Your

Pictures on the sports page of a golfer blasting out of a sand trap and the caption says, "so and so chips out of a bunker".

And on the traffic issue, those dumb, chicken sh*t people who zip right up to your left rear wheel, then don't have the cojones to finish the pass and just sit there til you come up on a semi and have to shut down your cruise control. Then, and only then, do they complete the pass.

The guy on the station to my right who closes his action just as I say "pull".

18. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

O/T Your

In mid winter, temperature about 20 degrees, calling the squad, all but one makes it to the line, then have to go back to find the shooter.

Filling up my car using a credit card, pump says see cashier for a receipt, go to the register and get behind a person who's playing the lottery who's picking one dollar picks for about $20.00 bucks worth.

BT-100dc

19. Auctioneer

O/T Your

Pa Pete, that might be true but it is also call road consideration to other drivers.

Chip Pitcairn, I have to agree with you on the left lane.

People who sit right beside a tractor trailer and will not pass. They just block the road. They are also the same ones that sit in the left lane beside a car and do the samething.

Hog callers on trap fields.

Slow shooters.

Noisy eaters or bad table manners.

20. KRK32

KRK32 Member

O/T Your

A few of mine are people that slow down for a green light just enough that it turns yellow before your in the intersection and its red by the time you get through.

Another the idiots that get right on your bumper at night and they wont pass you when your the ONLY TWO CARS ON THE ROAD. Try seeing how slow you go before they finally go around my record was 35 in a 55 for about a mile before they went for it.

The one that really pi##es me off is when two semis are in the slow lane on the interstate and right when you get to the last ones bumper he decides hes going around and blocks the interstate for 10 minutes while hes laughing with his buddy beside him. Once I seen a guy geta retread in his winshield while they were pulling that stunt.

Just a few theres plenty out there KIRK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.