1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T WTB T/C Contender handgun

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by Beretta Young Gun, Feb 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beretta Young Gun

Beretta Young Gun Active Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

greetings fellas. Im on the look out for a Thompson Center contender in one of the folowing calibers.....357Magnum, 38special, 44magnum, 44S&W, or 45 colt. Would prefer one with a 10 inch or longer barrel, other than that all other options are open. thanks BYG

2. Beretta Young Gun

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

3. Beretta Young Gun

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

still looking

4. Beretta Young Gun

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

5. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I have a G-1 Super 14 Contender with 7mm T/CU (.223 Rem necked up to .284" and shoulder angle changed to 40 degrees) and 7-30 Waters (.30-30 Win necked down to .284") barrels as well as the factory wood grip and forend (never used) and rubber Pachmayr replacements. The T/CU barrel has a Leupold 4x Extended Eye Relief handgun scope on it while the Waters barrel has factory iron sights. 7mm T/CU brass is easily made by simply firing .223 ammo in the T/CU chamber and I have four boxes of new (but no longer made) Federal factory loads for the Waters barrels. If it interests you, let me know.

Ed

6. Crickets

Crickets Member

0   0   0

have 45/410 colt barrel w/ choke w/ scope
    30-30 barrel
    357/38 octagon barrel w/ t choke
    cougar/panther frame. 1st generation
    PM email will send pic
    make offer

7. Beretta Young Gun

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

AverageEd. im looking for a gun that i can use to hunt deer with here in ohio. according to state law a hand gun must have a barrel not less than 6" long, must use a straight walled cartridge, and .357 or larger caliber. so unfortuneatly none of the barrels you have will be adequate, but thank you just the same.

Crickets. PM sent

8. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

BYG,

I see your state game department people are about as smart as our here in Washington state! It so sad we can't get smart people in places that make decisions affecting everyone else!

Check out the website, there might be something there you could use.

Either one of AverageEd's barrel would work fine on any size deer!

9. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

0   0   0

BYG--I don't have one i'm willing to part with, but the 14" .44mag barrel is my choice for Whitetail here in IL when not using my Slug gun. Make sure to get the barrel with the muzzle brake. I had a regular .44 mag barrel and it was a bit of a handfull. The Muzzle Brake makes it much smoother to shoot. I have taken a Whitetail with this very combo at 95 yards with a rest using 185gr. rounds.

FYI the .45 Long Colt needs to be loaded pretty hot in order to meet IL law for use during deer season. It has plenty of power but the muzzle energy is where it lacks with most factory loads.---Matt

This is my T/C .44 Mag. Sorry doesn't show muzzle brake but you get the idea.....................

[​IMG]

10. Beretta Young Gun

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Grntitan. the setup you have here is almost exactly what im looking for. The only thing i would change is the caliber. I would prefer to have a .357, just because im a firm believer that bigger is not always better, and that comfort to shoot effects accuracy. Recoil really doesnt bother me in a handgun, Ive shot the new S&W 500 (I WILL NEVER!!! DO THAT AGAIN), and i cant imagine anything could be worse than that.

timberfaller. Any of the calibers that AverageEd has listed would be gods plenty for game alot bigger than deer. IDK what the deal is with the straight walled cartridge rule. BYG

11. bgf

bgf Active Member

0   0   0

I have a friend that took over my T/C business when I quit the gun show circuit in Arizona and near states. He has quite a collection for sale. I can put you in touch with him if you like.

Let me know,
    Bernie

Drop the XXs from the e-mail above

12. grntitan

0   0   0

BYG--Whatever you choose to do, make sure and find a comfortable pistol grip and forearm. The factory stuff felt odd to my smaller hands. I bought that Finger groove pistol grip and beavertail forearm for a fairly reasonable price at a Gun Show 15 or so years ago. The Black Pachmayr grip and matching forearm feel pretty good. My friend has them on his T/C Contender. Depending on how your State laws read, check out the .357 Maximum. It is a really good hunting cartridge and very manageable to shoot. Unfortunately it is not legal in IL. The T/C Contender handles the larger calibers really well and you'd be supprised how much a muzzle brake helps. My wife has shot my .44mag numerous times and she is not comfortable with guns. You would have no problems. Don't hesitate to PM with any questions.--Matt

As pictured from left to right:

.38 Special~~~.357 Magnum~~~.357 Maximum

[​IMG]

13. Scootermac50

Scootermac50 Active Member

0   0   0

I have a 1st generation T/C in .357 as well as a harrot bbl. (unsure of the spelling) Make me an offer and I can part with it. Its in good shape and has a 3x scope on the .357 barrel. Scott

14. Beretta Young Gun

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Grntitan. I just reread the 2010-2011 hunting regulations handbook, its states as follows: handguns must be .357 or larger caliber. must use straight walled cartridges, and must have a barrel length not less than 5". this is the only thing that is stated about handguns in the entire handbook. therefore based on this information the .357 maximum would be usable here in ohio.

Scootermac50- PM sent

15. one1bird

one1bird TS Member

0   0   0

Pretty sure I have exactly what you are looking for 10" 357 max barrel please pm me to discuss
    all the best
    Pat

16. Beretta Young Gun

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Still looking

17. bt 99

bt 99 TS Member

0   0   0

My T/C Contender--Not for Sale--Fajen Grip set--30-30--The stock really helps for target shooting. Will see if my first pic works. Steve
    [​IMG]

18. grntitan

0   0   0

That is one wild a$$ looking T/C Contender Stock. I can't decide if it looks comfortable or not. I also can't decide if i like it or not. Doesn't matter though cause it ain't mine. Thanks for posting. Up for BYG.

Matt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

fajen big grip