1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T WTB .177 cal. air rifle

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Tugboat, Oct 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tugboat

Tugboat Member

Looking for a .177 air rifle to control back yard pests..Best bang for the buck.. Suggestions please.. Thanks

2. famill00

famill00 TS Member

RWS....deadly accurate! Spend around 300bucks. How close do you live to the city? They make a shell called a subsonic...they are real quiet.

Forrest

3. jimx200

jimx200 Member

tugboat, I have a RWS Diana and it's a shooter...but, my bang for the buck is my Gamo. It cost me $100. at Big 5 Sporting Goods, decent trigger, powerful as heck, and deadly accurate. Get yourself a 4X air rifle scope (make sure it is specifically for a air rifle....others will break) and you're set.

4. cnsane

cnsane Member

Read up. Quality cost money to get a good value from your dollar. Course you can shoot Trap with a Mossberg, too.

5. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I have a Sheridan my dad bought me in about 1955. I have no idea how many pellets it has through it, but it's now been through me, my son, and grandson. I checked it one day on my Chrono and it averaged 720fps, with about 8 pumps. No part has ever been replaced, nothing.

6. avidtrapshooter

avidtrapshooter TS Member

I have a winchester 1000X that I like a lot. It's very accurate and shoot a max 1000 fps. Many a squirrel, rabbit, possum, and raccoon have fallen from that gun, and it's probably safe to say more then my 22.

7. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

RWS is excellent in all respects. Gamo is inexpensive and has a terrible trigger although you can get replacement triggers for them. A good quality scope, designed for an air rifle, is essential to realize the accuracy of these guns, Gamo, RWS, Beeman, etc. Do not get the combo's where they put a 4X BSA scope on the rig as they are pretty much worthless.

8. cementman

cementman Member

Beeman R10 .177 caliber air rifle like new in box with paperwork, shot less than 100 rounds, no marks on metal or wood. The R10 is known as the "son of the R1" with slightly less weight and easier cocking mechanism(do Google on the R10 for more info). Target included showing groupings less than 1/2 inch for 5 shots at 30 yards. This is a tackdriver. Priced at $295.00 plus shipping from Michigan. Have RWS 450 3x9 scope brand new in box at $110.00 and complete RWS cleaning kit, never opened at $20.00, both plus shipping. Drop "x's" in email address.

9. rrose

rrose TS Member

I have a Tech Force #97 with the Tech Force 4x32AO air rifle scope that I purchased from Compasseco and have not shot it hardly at all. It is almost like new. Would like to sell it for $50 plus $15 shipping. It is a decent low end air rifle that will serve some one well, I just do not shoot it.
    513-543-2562
    randy

10. 97STR

97STR TS Member

I have a RWS Diana Model 48/52. This includes a Beeman micro-adjust rear sight. $195.00 buyer paus shipping.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.