1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Winchester Pistol ?????

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by pj 999, Feb 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pj 999

pj 999 TS Member

Need some info and help. I have a guy telling me he has a 3220 Winchester pistol, 6 shot with 5" barrel for sale. I have looked everywhere I know and can only find that Winchester made a 22 caliber single shot. Talked to him tonight and he swears it is a Winchester. Am going to look at it tomorrow night. Anyone have any info or knowledge that would help me out?? Thanks Paul

2. Illini bird

Illini bird TS Member

Paul ,it was in the 60's-70's china or some country made a look-alike pistol that had winchester stamped on the top. These not last. Larry

3. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

It is probably a colt with most of the markings gone that is in 32-20 Winchester caliber. That is how they were stamped if I'm not mistaken, 32-20 Winchester

4. AJKohler

AJKohler Member

It wouldn't be '.32-20 Winchester'; it would be '.32 WCF' for .32 Winchester Center Fire. That was the proper name of the cartridge.

Tony

5. theodorescolt45

theodorescolt45 TS Member

FYI - I history lesson may be in oder here ... Winchester did in fact manufacture a single action revolver that was quite similar to the Colt SAA. It was never retailed, but a several prototypes were produced. If you research the Winchester history books you can see a few drawings. I believe there were less than a dozen made and all were in 44wcf. The story ( some call it legend ... more on that later ) was that Winchester wanted Colt to stop making the Lightning rifle to Winchester decided to manufacture a SA revolver ... I believe the time frame was 1890's ... So, Colt phased out the production of the Lightning Rifle and Winchester never marketed the pistol ... A few of the Winchester pistols made it into private hands, the only one I ever heard of surfacing sold in the mid 1980's for $75,000.00. last I heard it was in the Cody Museum, but may have a new home now. On another note, some collectors consider the Volcanic to be a Winchester Pistol also. if you think this might be the real McCoy you would need a true winchester expert to decide that, the Cody Museum would be where to start. Also, if I recall the history of the Winchester has the drawing if I remember correctly.

Good Luck !
    ted
    -oo

6. pj 999

pj 999 TS Member

Went and looked at gun tonite. It is a Smith and Wesson .32-20 WCF hand ejector Model of 1905. Barrel is stamped .32 Winchester. It was in what I would say in the 40 to 50% range. Still had what looked like original leather case. Was worth looking into, but not going to buy it. Thanks for all the interesting info and help. Thanks again Paul Baker Jr

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.