1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Winchester 52 Bull Barrel

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by jrton80, Jan 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jrton80

jrton80 Member

I am in the process of trading a Winchester 52 with a Bull Barrel but I also have a new/unfired (except for factory) Bull Barrel that I can't seem to find a good value for. Does anyone on here have any SWAG as to what this barrel may be worth? I have done research on the 52 but can't find anything on the barrel by itself. I am looking to trade the gun and barrel. Thanks for any assistance or where I may find some information. Jeff

2. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Not much a bunch of these barrels sold surplus through the civilian marksmenship program

Gene

3. jrton80

jrton80 Member

Thanks that tells me what I wanted to know. I thought an unfired barrel that wasn't in production anymore would be worth something. Thanks again. Jeff

4. cottondoctor

cottondoctor Member

jrton80, GN7777777 is very correct in his assessment. As with all things, the barrel is only worth anything to that particular person out there looking for such. If there is someone in particular that wants to restore his old 52 target rifle to factory, they may be willing to pay X$ for it. If there is someone wanting to build a very accurate 22 target rifle or re-barrel their old 52 for accuracy – they will be looking for a Kreiger, Hart or other highly accurate specialized barrel and they would not be willing to pay much for that barrel…………..so it goes back to what GN7777777 said – basically the barrel is not woth much – more to some than others.

5. kiv-c

kiv-c Member

Is it a "bull" barrel or a "heavy" barrel? There is a difference! the bull barrel, as I recall, is 24" and 1 1/4" in diameter, the heavy barrel is 26" and slightly less than 1 1/8" in diameter.

I sold a 26" factory heavy barrel in pristine condition a few years back for $200. As I recall, a bull barrel would sell for more, although I can't imagine why anybody other than the Hulk would want one - they are ungodly heavy!

6. jrton80

jrton80 Member

This is actually a "Bull" barrel. The gun currently weights in at 12 1/4 lb for a 22 target rifle. I used to shoot trap with the gentlman I got the gun from. He used to be a very accomplished rifle shooter and thought I might enjoy it. When he died I found about 3 cigar boxes full of medals he had won with this and the Anshutz rifle I got from him. When I bought the guns from him he said that after many years the barrel will "shoot out" and that was the reason he had the additional barrel. The few times I shot the gun I could just about put one bullet on top of the other so I don't think the barrel on the gun is anywhere near "shot out". Thanks for the information everyone. Jeff

7. kenf

kenf Active Member

I'd bet there is a rimfire guy out there who would be interested in it, or at least be able to value it. Try Gene Davis in Ohio. He may be able to help. Last time I was there, he had a 52 heavy barreled action for sale, I can't say if it was a heavy or a bull, just bigger than a sporter.

8. Twinbirds

Twinbirds TS Member

benchrest central rimfire forum lots of 52 fans there. good barrel. most custom barrels would do well to be as accurate as the 52 barrels were. good luck

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
diameter of winchester model 52 c bull bbl
winchester 52 b bull barrel

winchester 52 bull barrel

winchester 52 bull barrel weight
winchester 52 c bull barrel
winchester52 c bull barrel