1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Why I carry a Gun

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by wayneo, Nov 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

I carry a gun, because being a U.S. citizen, the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States of America says:
    "The right of the people to keep and bear arms". The 1st Amendment gives me the right to post all this. Wayne

2. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

AMEN to both post !!!!!!!

Jerbear

3. WesleyB

WesleyB Well-Known Member

AGREED!!!!!

4. Sgt. Mike

Sgt. Mike TS Member

Very well said. We carry guns because we are not going to be some gangbangers toy to play with. New Hampshire says it the best, "Live Free or Die". I think that's a good motto to live by. Michael and Jane

5. eagles11

eagles11 TS Member

Kus a cop is to heavy?

Because I am a sheepdawg and I know that despite their best abilities and intentions cops cannot protect my family or me. I work with cops most every day and the vast majority really do care but even they know that they are outnumbered and out gunned. The honest ones will tell you that and advise you to pick up a gun.

6. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

eagles, I was told the same. When seconds count, the police are only minutes away. My brother in law told me awhile ago to get my CPL and train,train,train.

I do what I can, logged 50+ hours range time in two months. Nice to have a range 10 minutes from my house. Membership reasonable too.

Jerbear

7. jerryw

jerryw TS Member

I received this in a e-mail. I thought it was pretty good.

The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either.. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.

1. Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

2.If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

3.I carry a gun cause a cop is too heavy.

4. When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.

5. A reporter did a human-interest piece on the Texas Rangers. The reporter recognized the Col Model 1911 the Ranger was carrying and asked him 'Why do you carry a 45 The Ranger responded, 'Because they don't make a 46.

6. The old sheriff was attending an awards dinner when a lady commented on his wearing his sidearm. 'Sheriff, I see you have your pistol. Are you expecting trouble?
    No Ma'am. If I were expecting trouble, I would have brought my rifle.

7. Beware the man who only has one gun. HE PROBABLY KNOWS HOW TO USE IT

8.I was once asked by a lady visiting if I had a gun in the house. I said I did.
    She said 'Well I certainly hope it isn't loaded
    To which I said, of course it is loaded, can't work without bullets
    She then asked, 'Are you that afraid of someone evil coming into your house?
    My reply was, 'No not at all. I am not afraid of the house catching fire either, but I have fire extinguishers around, and they are all loaded too.
    To which I'll add, having a gun in the house that isn't loaded is like having a car in the garage without gas in the tank.

Jerry Walker

8. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

Honor the threat.

Do not shoot to kill (that establishes intent if you're charged with murder); shoot until the threat ceases to be a threat).

Dennis

9. comp 1

comp 1 Well-Known Member

Forgot to carry mine once and really needed it--had to back an a-hole off with a breaker bar I lucked into finding in my truck. I've carried ever since,I've had all the a## kickings I'm ever going to to take.

10. Little Dog

Little Dog TS Member

I carry a gun because of people like biggggun who try to take credit for something somebody else wrote. I think that's called plagiarism.

11. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Little Dog, I don't think he portrayed that he wrote that at all. With all these >< thats in there it's been around the horn a few times? I didn't need the quotation marks for that one.

Liberals want all of us dependent on a higher authority for our protection, what a crock! Hap

12. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

I carry because I can't run. Artificial hips and need new knees.

Jerbear

13. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

The Higher Authority will not do anything for you that you can do yourself.

14. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

I carry mine because it won't carry me.

15. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

I carry because God blessed me with a wonderful family and the responsibility to take care of them.

16. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

Dog, that just about says it all.

Tom(AJ100)

[​IMG]

17. shadow

shadow Active Member

I carry because I am too old and weak to fight and too old and slow to run. That's what I told the sheriffs department when I applied for my ccp.

18. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Because the Jews in Europe didn't. See what happened to them.

Lou

19. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

Carry the added weight & pray you are never forced to use it. But should you be forced, use it with confidence. I'd rather be judged by twelve peers then carried by six friends.

Big Jack

20. dverna

dverna Active Member

I was lucky enough to shoot with the Captain of a SWAT Team many years ago. He was a fabulous pistol shot. He had a little advice.

A citizen should NEVER aim to wound - only to kill.

Do not empty the gun unless you need to - the bad guy probably has buddies who will not be pleased you shot one of their own. Carry at least one spare magazine (especially true if you carry a pistol that holds less than 10 rounds)

Take a real defensive pistol course - the CCW course is a farce. And practice, practice, practice.

Keep a pump shotgun ready to rock & roll in the house.

Don

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.