1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Who needs Queen Bee's?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Shooting Jack, Sep 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

O/T Who needs Queen Bee

I have gotten to know a bee keeper through 4H youth shooting and found out that he sells and ships queen bees all over for $15.00 each plus shipping. This is a lot cheaper than what I had heard folks were paying for them so just wanted to let the bee keepers know. If anyone is interested email or PM me and I will send you his name and address. Jackie B.

2. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

What kind are they? I'll need 4-5 this spring..thanks!

3. Shooting Jack

That's a good question Blkcloud, as I have no idea what they are. I always thought a honey bee was a honey bee. Here's some info where you can contact Jerome and ask him. Jackie B.

JJ’s Honey
    5748 Chancy Rd
    Patterson, GA 31557

Jerome J Jones
    alexandrajones94@yahoo.com
    (912) 647-1564

4. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

I hope they don't use UPS cause those bee's are gonna be pissed off when they get out of the box after that ride.

5. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    So let me get this straight... for $15 I can have Michelle Obama shipped anywhere?

6. loop02

loop02 Member

Not by the pound, Brian, she would be a little more than that

7. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

UPS will not handle bee's. Not a swarm or a single bee. The PO will handle them but you had better be home when it get there.

I odered one and told them to put on the lable my phone number and to have the PO call me when it gets in. Well I'm glad I was home because the Postman drove up to my BLACK mailbox and put the queen in and close the door and went on his way. My house he can see from the box. I don't live off the road. If I wasn't home the queen would be dead in the summer heat.

8. bocephus

bocephus Member

UPS will handle bees, they just won't guarantee live shipment, lot's of queen breeders still use them. USPS Express is the best way to ship queens, and the PO does call to notify for pickup. If you had them delivered to your mailbox then the package must not have been labeled properly indicating "live bees". We usually get the call by 6:45 am.

9. Shooting Jack

Brian I will chip in to have her sent to a place of our choice. Jackie B.

10. slowdp

slowdp TS Member

The post office uses heated delivery vehicles where UPS does not. Do not ship anything that may be harmed by freezing via UPS. All Florida fruit is shipped USPO. In the past the post office would not leave the fruit on a porch if so advised. I don't know what they are doing now.

11. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

The PO may call in your area but not here. They are some good people there but alot of lazy ones to. They didn't even like taking in swarms of bee's. A bunch of wimps.

As for UPS I was told by them that they do not ship anything live. That was what I was told. You might want to call them and see what they say now.

12. TjayE

TjayE Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

jj queen bees patterson ga