1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Who do you trust?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Shooting Jack, Jun 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I recently advertised an item I was looking for on here, a 410 progressive loader, and was contacted with one for sale. I told the individual that I wanted it and would put a check in the mail. Instead He said he would ship it to me and if was ok to put a check in the mail. Two hundred dollars is a lot of trust to someone you have never seen or spoken to I feel, however I got the loader in the mail today and dropped a letter with the check in the mail this evening. I appreciate the trust and I hope and pray that he doesn't get burnt doing this with someone else. Is this common on here? There are a number of people on TS.com that I would feel comfortable doing this with but just wondered. I am very satisfied with the Mec 8567 and will start loading with it in the morning. Jackie B.

2. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

The first time I dealt with Gene Nosco, he sent me a barrel the day I talked to him over the phone. I got him a check in the mail the next day, but he did not know me except for a phone call. Great barrel, great price, and we have done business several times since. Never a complaint. I have sent him a couple of stocksets the same way. This is the way things SHOULD be. :^)

3. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

I've sent things before payment, received things before my check could have arrived and from just good ol' guys and even gun dealers sending parts. Twice I've had guns shipped on the word of a telephone call and it was received, tested, accepted all before my check went out. Yeah, nothing like a phone call and the feeling you get with whom you're dealing before closing a deal....breakemall....Bob Dodd

4. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

You will NEVER go wrong dealing with Gene Nosco in IA.

He's retired military too, so I suspect that's why he is up front with all.

Whiz

5. Loyac

Loyac Member

A little mutual trust is a good thing. John

6. Mac V

Mac V Guest

I've had only one sour experience with someone on this board...offered to buy some choke tubes I had for sale and then just ignored the deal and left me hanging for several weeks..no "Sorry", no email, no check, no NOTHING... before I finally sold them to someone locally. Everyone else has been totally honest and above board and willing to trust that I would be the same.

Mike

7. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

I've done that a couple times. Part of it is trust, sometimes you get a vibe off of the buyer. For me, part of it is that fact that a tank of gas costs me $60, so what's the big deal with something worth $200 (in this case)or less?

8. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I trust everyone until they give me a reason not to ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

9. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Count your blessings, James, at least they weren't used Kleenex.

If I hadn't had a cold at the time, you would have received the whole box. ;-)

Hauxfan!

10. handlepuller

handlepuller Well-Known Member

Shootlow that was funny as hell.

I sent Jerry White a barrel to work on and he sent it back, quick I might add, and he sent it back with a bill enclosed. He doesn't know me from Adam, I just think as shooters we all have a pretty trustworthy reputation which is nice.

11. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

I have had good luck for the most part. I had one fellow buy a gun from me and tell me he would send a check that day if I sent him the gun that day. Anyway thats what I did and he waited until he tried out the gun before he paid me in full. Kind of didn't trust me, but I had to trust him deal. I didn't like that, but he paid in full so It worked out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.