1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Which side of the fence are you on?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Shooting Jack, Sep 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Which side of the fence?

If you ever wondered which side of the fence you sit on, this is a great test!

If a Republican doesn't like guns, he doesn't buy one.
    If a Democrat doesn't like guns, he wants all guns outlawed.

If a Republican is a vegetarian, he doesn't eat meat.
    If a Democrat is a vegetarian, he wants all meat products banned for everyone.

If a Republican is homosexual, he quietly leads his life.
    If a Democrat is homosexual, he demands legislated respect.

If a Republican is down-and-out, he thinks about how to better his situation.
    A Democrat wonders who is going to take care of him.

If a Republican doesn't like a talk show host, he switches channels.
    Democrats demand that those they don't like be shut down.

If a Republican is a non-believer, he doesn't go to church.
    A Democrat non-believer wants any mention of God and religion silenced.

If a Republican decides he needs health care, he goes about shopping for it, or may choose a job that provides it.
    A Democrat demands that the rest of us pay for his.

If a Republican reads this, he'll forward it so his friends can have a good laugh.
    A Democrat will delete it because he's "offended".

Well, I forwarded it.

2. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Finally I found out I'm a Republican. No wonder I don't like that guy siting in DC.

3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    If a Republican doesn't like someone voting third party, he demands they be silenced.

4. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Brian, I actually have no problem with how you vote, it's your choice and that's it. I do however hope that there are enough that vote replublican to get Obama out of office. Some states are going to vote Democrat no matter what as they are so loaded with people receiving benifits that they think the republicans will cut off. Jackie B

5. crusha

crusha TS Member

Good analysis.

And for the record, Brian...just because people disagree with you, doesn't mean they all want you silenced.

"...It is forgotten that the right of free speech means the freedom to advocate one's views and to bear the possible consequences, including disagreement with others, opposition, unpopularity, and lack of support. The political function of "the right of free speech" is to protect dissenters and unpopular minorities from forcible suppression - not to guarantee them the support, advantages, and rewards of a popularity they have not gained..."

-Ayn Rand, "The Virtue of Selfishness,"

So you see, Bri...you're not oppressed; you're just unpopular.

6. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

So I have always voted in favor of conservation, clean air clean water etc. In many peoples opinion this makes me a liberal and maybe a Dem. So be it. This year I am considering going to the conservative side because our country is in such a mess financially. It's great to know that this minor change in voting will clear up all of my flaws in thinking and any other aspect of my life. I hate labels. Some people just don't get that life is not that cut and dried, black and white, republican and democrat, us and them. THINK PEOPLE THINK...

7. rpeerless

rpeerless Well-Known Member

Guess.

"The point about communism is that it tries to reform the pickpocket by forbidding pockets." Quote from, GK Chesterton

FYI If i thought a third party conservative could win this election he/she would have not only my support but my vote. Unfortunately, Ryan is the closest to conservative and he is on Romney's ticket so it goes...half a loaf is better than none.

8. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Buzzy, true, not everyone wants me to shaddup about Romney. Only some who believe that political discussions should be like those in Nazi Germany or Soviet Russia. One sided.

9. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

Brian you are a thinking man...not just a knee jerk partisan. Man I hate election years. Bill

10. ou.3200

ou.3200 Well-Known Member

Actually if someone votes third party in this election he is silencing himself because he will have no say either way. A third party vote is irrelevant.

11. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

right on 3200

12. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

It should be obvious even to the blind, deaf and dumb that a liberal who sits on the fence (votes 3rd party )is a defacto Romney supporter and a conservative who splits the fence is a defacto Obama supported. I'd sure like to see a whole lot of liberal fence sitters in Nov.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.