1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Where were you 11/22/1963 ??

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by wayneo, Nov 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

A day I'll never forget. I was in the second grade in Rockville MD., just outside Washington DC. Sometime in the afternoon our teacher said we were going home a little early, something has happened to President Kennedy. Me and my friends walked home happy to get out of school earlier than usual. When I got home my mom was in front of the TV crying....I never seen my mom cry before. That night, and the next night I'll never forget.

Wayne

2. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Wayne, I may be wrong but my birthday is Nov 22 and I was sure that was the day President Kennedy was shot. I was a freshman in highschool. I don't think they divulged most of the information until the 23rd. Jackie B.

3. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Your right Jack, I'll try to edit my post.....

Wayne

4. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

I had just turned 3. I don't remember it at all, except vague memories of my older siblings mentioning it.

5. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

I was in JR High drafting class and they interrupted the radio program to tell of it. The teacher told us to not say anything until there was a public announcement over the schools PA.

6. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

I recall exactly where I was and what I was doing. It was the day the earth stood still.

Eric

7. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Still a couple years away from being reincarnated.

ss

8. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

I was a junior in high school and was in the school library (ironic since the building from which JFK was supposed to have been shot was a library storage building of some sort) when it was announced over the school P.A. system. It was shocking to me as that was the first time in my life that something like that had happened in this country. This might be horrible to say, but I'm afraid that if something similar were to happen today, we as a society would be much less shocked by it (and I don't mean that as an Obamaslam).

Ed

9. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

I was walking with my 5th grade class from music.. back to the main school building under the covered walk way..when it came out over the loud speaker for everyone to go to the auditorium.. The principal wanted to speak to us..

10. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

I was in 8th grade English class.

11. Bentley998

Bentley998 Member

Operations Officer USS Lowry (DD770)

12. Jon Reitz

Jon Reitz Well-Known Member

At a car dealership signing the paperwork to buy a 1957 Chevrolet.

Jon Reitz

13. Littleboots

Littleboots Member

Junior in High School In History class of all places

14. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

We were changing classes in junior high eighth grade for me and the intercom told us to go to the gym. There we got the news and school was let out early. I got home and was suprised that my dad was off work early. I asked him why he was off early and he just said the president was killed and we got off work. At the time they didn't know what kind of organized assasination was going on or who did it and what was planned next. I guess some people still think there was more than one shooter. Surley did change the way our country protects the president. Seems like a long time ago now. Dan

15. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I was in the Bay Craft & Hobby shop talking to Matt, the owner when it came over the radio. Matt was visibly shaken, and prayed for JFK not to die.

The above link is an interesting answer to the many questions over the years.

I found it when I was researching the 221 Fireball.

HM

16. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Marine Corps Schools, Quantico, Va.

Don

17. Haskins Bill

Haskins Bill TS Member

Laying on a creeper under an old Buick that was up on jack stands pulling a Dynaflow transmission. Boss' wife came in from next door to tell us. Not much work for the rest of the day! Bill

18. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Looks like Eddie's the only one as old as me here so far. :) I was ironworking then on my way to the second shift on a radar sight that was the start of the Appollo project. NASA was building two tracking sites, one in MA and the other in South Africa. Thomas O'Connor constuction of Boston was the GC and gave us the day off with pay on the national day of mourning, which was unheard of in the construction industry at that time.

I have always wondered what the true story is. Why was there a need for our Government to put findings and information under lock and key not to be released until sometime in 2040+.

I remember a few years ago when there was quite an interesting thread on here about the assasination. There was a gentleman by the name of Bobby Ward, if I remember correctly, who was able to provide an incredible amount of interesting information on the subject. Nice gentleman, very respectfull and educational. Bob

19. jagrdawger

jagrdawger TS Member

I was on the way home from the doctors office with or rather in my mom. She was in for a check up being 6.5 months pregnant with me at the time. I remember it well...kind of like a long hot tub soak...LOL.

20. ExFedex

ExFedex Active Member

Was a student working in a print shop at Spartan Sch. of Aero. in Tulsa. My boss was a sweet, elderly lady named Mrs. Belt and she could not stop crying. A draft dodging idiot with political connections from Maine came thru the door stating " Thank God somebody finally shot Kennedy". Made eye contact with that SOB 20 years later at the O'Hare airport. Not worth spit as the cowboys say. Should add that I grew up in a Republican family near Boston.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.