1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

o/t What would you do? Hoard Food or Ammo?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Brian in Oregon, Apr 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I'm old enough to remember the "shortages" during the "Energy Crisis". Shortages of beef. Shortages of sugar. Shortages of gasoline. Shortages of anti-freeze. Shortages of peanut butter. Shortages of coffee. You name it, the manufacturers conjoured up a shortage to jack the price up.<br>
    <br>
    One night Johnny Carson, during his monologue, asked, "What's next? A toilet paper shortage?"<br>
    <br>
    The next day store shelves were stripped bare of toilet paper because panicked housewives heard through the grapevine that toilet paper was going to be hard to get. And it was, because suddenly everyone was hoarding it.

2. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

An over supply of food, water and ammo will be self correcting in case of a national emergency. (sigh)

3. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

"My philosophy is that with ammo I can hunt, protect and defend myself and others; and 'barter' for food."

Most of what you say is good thinking except that, in times like those described, hunting for food with a firearm is a good way to attract unwanted attention to yourself and your activities. I have two crossbows that I prefer to hunt with if that ever becomes necessary.

Morgan

4. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Guess I'm going to starve to death............but not today!

Hauxfan!

5. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I have always hoarded both food and ammo, just a habit with the food. I figure I may need the ammo

6. otnot

otnot Active Member

I'm of Spanish decent and I was married to a Mormon gal so I hope this joke doesn't upset anyone.

What do you get when you cross a Mexican and a Mormon? A basement full of stolen food.

And by the way Costco and Sam's club is limiting the amount of rice and flour that you can buy.

7. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

In the early 1960's after the Cuban issue, my girlfriend's fokes had a bomb shelter built in their back yard, underground and all steel. They packed it with everything, and I mean everything. I wonder if it's still there?

8. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

Food has a shelf life while ammo has life as long as it is on the shelf ... with enough ammo you will never starve, never need fuel and overall never need a single thing because with enough ammo you can take and secure all that you desire.

Threads like this one is what the anti-gunners of the world want to read because it makes us all look like survivalists maniacs with guns who, well it makes us all look like wacko lunatics and I love ya all in a manly lunatical way now because of it. Visions of "Red Dawn" and other movies of attacking invaders and survival against the world type movies are popping into my mind now so I must ask you all a question.

If the need were to arise to be in a situation where you must hoard food and ammo what movies on DVD would you desire to have with you to watch?

9. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Somehow I'm reminded of the story of the bear hunting guide who took his clients into the forest carrying only a .22 cal. derringer in his pocket for emergencies. When asked why he didn't consider it smarter to arm himself with at least a more powerful sidearm, the fellow explained the derringer was for himself, saying, "If we're attacked by a bear, I just want to be sure I can kill myself before it hurts too bad." Frankly, if our world goes where we need hoarded food or ammo, I'd just as soon leave it.....breakemall....Bob Dodd

10. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Deep Throat, and behind the Green Door.

11. Illini bird

Illini bird TS Member

Mr N ,how long do you think wild food would last. If push comes to shove; the Elk ,deer, wild pig, moose and other game would be gone in a flash. 4 months of night road hunting , shooting out of Planes shooting the rest. 4-wheelers out to clean up. 6 mo. You said never starve? "Never is a long time"

12. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

Earl - what great movie selections.

Deep Throat - What a great movie full of intense action scenes of conspiracy and drama about a deeply embedded person performing untold duties within our private and political regime.

Behind the Green Door - Another great movie full of suspense and intrigue of what really happens behind the closed doors of of our world. A great companion movie to Deep Throat since both movies involve things that most always want to see happen but never really get a chance to have done.

13. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Huh??? I will just rely on my government to feed me as they have learned from their mistakes in New Orleans and are committed to doing a better job and I believe them. Jeff

14. brian meyerhofer

brian meyerhofer TS Member

I agree with maddog

15. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

"I stock pile ammunition; approx 5000 rounds for each of the calibers that I own." You are either out of your mind or just another BS pusher. Which is it? .458 bullets cost over a buck a piece. How many do you have? .30 caliber Hornady (not the best) is about a quarter a bullet. What caliber are your guns and how many different calibers do you have?

16. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Well, Gary, just how much ammo do you have?

17. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

Brian, I shoot registered trap - I have lots of shells because I shoot lots of shells. I am saying that keeping 5000 rounds per gun so you can delay the end of the world puts you right out there with the unabomber.

18. flylta

flylta TS Member

It all depends on where you live. The closer to the city you get the worse it gets. Those in the country know how to take care of themselves because a lot of the time they have to.

I keep enough ammo so that I will be able to feed my family for a while.

Movies:
    Caddy Shack
    Stripes
    Red Dawn
    Top Gun

19. Duck Head

Duck Head TS Member

Don't forget that in the winter time you might be the only one with heat! The goons will band together and force you into letting them in or they'll burn you out. How are you going to carry all that food and or ammo? Do you think they will be scared of you with a couple of dead bodies around your house? Enmass they will overtake you and you and yours will be history. You can't get them all. Example Normandy Beach, Iwo Jima, Saipan, we took the heavily defended areas at great cost to us but they lost.What to do? Become a loner, like an old Mountain Man,SOF, SEAL, RECON. Hide when you can, shoot one shot to kill what you're shooting at,fish, steal,live off the land. No more American Idol(boo hoo),no more Survivor Series(another boo hoo),Wife-None,kids-none,friends-none,home-none,who you move aside to-none,who you kneel down to-none,who you answer to-NONE! You have to be your own Doctor,Cop,Fireman,etc. I won't take the easy way out and shoot myself, someone's going down with me.

20. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

Hey "DUCK" Head, ever stop to think that maybe the good people could band together and do in the goons? At a place, say, like a GUN CLUB????????????

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.