1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T What is the best free registery cleaner?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Shooting Jack, Jul 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

My mouse and cursor have suddenly been slow to respond and it is not due to lack of memory or anything like that so I felt it may have a bug in the registery. Anyone else have any idea or suggestion. I am running windows 7 home premium with 8 gig memory at 310 GHZ speed with dual processor and terrabite hard drive with only 45 gig used. Thanks for your help. Jackie B.

2. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Have you done the full tune up...scans for virus/malware-spyware and defrags and cleanups? Also make sure you don't have multiple virus checking programs running at the same time..like one thats local on your computer and one on your ISP....Doubt you'll find a totally free registry cleaner...most will let you load them and run the diagnosis and tell you how many problems you have then want your credit card before it will actually perform any fixes...my registry cleaner made a minor diff in speed but not really worth the 30 bux..firewall settings and how many background tasks you have running make a difference too...too many running at once can tie up your processor

3. big joe

big joe Member

Glary Utilities works great for me, its free too.

Joe

4. fritzi93

fritzi93 TS Member

CCleaner is free (short for "Crap Cleaner") and can delete junk registry entries.

But I doubt that's going to fix a sluggish computer. I'd run MalwareBytes and SuperAntiSpyware on-demand scanners (both free), and see if they come up with anything.

And yeah, running two AVs is a bad idea. They'll conflict and can slow down a computer alright.

5. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

Good luck removing bugs from the registry with free software. They will likely want to add a free toolbar also.

6. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

CCleaner has worked great on my computer for 3 years with zero issues. I have the freebie version. If they ask to install a toolbar, there is a little box to refuse that install.

ss

7. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

My lap top was running slow, Got rid of the AVG, and spybot and went to Microsoft essentials. It free. Laptop runs faster and downloads faster.

8. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

CCcleanr ny piriform. Mike.

9. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Thanks for inputs. Will give ccleaner a shot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.