1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T What Have You Always Wished Someone Made?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Jollytrapshooter, Apr 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

We're kind of in a dead spot here, and I've stopped coming up with good ideas...Have you ever thought of something that you said to yourself "why doesn't someone make this?" If so, post your idea, maybe it will spark a new idea in me. I'll even post a couple of my own ideas that I've been playing with. 1: boring out shot cavities in MEC charge bars for them to accept bushings (most likely the Hornady/PW/RCBS style) and selling them or doing it if someone sent me a bar. 2: Making parts for the older P/W's if someone needed them. I'm looking for mainly metal parts/projects. Josh

2. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Kits to make any raised rib adjustable at a great price---say under $200.0

3. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

A brass magnet for picking up empty caseings.

4. philk

philk Member

A plug for the hole in my head.

5. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

I would really like to see someone make an honest Politian! Maybe put a metal plate in their head as a start. Bulge.

6. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

How about pellet counting tray, as someone was looking for in another thread? Something that will last, and seperate 9,8.5,8,and 7.5 shot. In-expensive, multi-layered with a small vibrator. Pour them in the top and each tray is sized to seperates the each size. The top tray is holds oversize and the bottom tray is for undersize shot.

Also a electric indexer for the Dillon SL900, and a larger primer tray.

Just some ideas..............

7. BIGbill

BIGbill TS Member

an electronic device that is a ipod, phone, pda, internet, and a seperate number than my phone number so it could also be a pager. Then I would just need one device on my belt when I leave the house. I could have my power points, music, cellular, and pager with me all the time.

Also if they would make massive centralized hard drives (that you could pay monthly fees to use) that were connected wirelessly to every point on the globe. then you could keep everything on the server. your medical record,old tax returns, warrenties from 4 yrs ago, your password to your garage, your old mri from 1986 so doc could compare to your new mri, that great video from vacation/wedding....

Something that change dirty diapers would be cool too

Bill

8. pdq

pdq Member

A couple of invention ideas:

Post holes of different diameters and depths that you could buy at Home Depot - no digging required.

Sasquatch locater -- I know he's out there.

TV auto-mute whenever Billy Mays comes on.

Snore absorbing pillows.

Zero noise exhaust pipes for Harleys.

Anti-lie pills; initial launch limited to Washington DC. Lie, and you die. Second market launch will be to fathers of teenagers daughters, adminstered to their boyfriends.

Whole house spouse suppressors -- the louder they try to talk, the greater they get muted.

Portable spouse suppressors - don't leave home without it.

Cell phone suppressors -- using GPS, any movement over a walking speed of 4MPH and the phone is deactivated for 20 minutes

Drive-up ATMs that don't have braille buttons

Fart absorbing suppositories. Insert one after eating beans, and it converts the smell into that of delicate lilacs.

I'm sure that there are more, but those are ones that immediately come to mind.

Pete

9. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Orgasmatron!

10. dverna

dverna Active Member

Jolly
    One of the deficiencies on the PW (at least the 800+, I cannot comment on the others) is a way to adjust the pre-crimp. It is very Mickey Mouse as it comes. There is a set screw that one loosens; and then you move it up or down (by guess and by golly) to adjust it. Without using a scale or "gage" there is no way to tell how far you have moved it from the setting you started at.

Switching from AA's to STS's requires adjusting this to get perfect crimps.

I would pay about $75 for something that can be precisely adjusted X number of turns up and down.

Don Verna

11. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

The kit to convert ribs is a good idea, but what do you mean "kit". What would it do? Are you saying you want to remove an original rib and make it adjustable?

I think I would be a millionaire if I could invent a magnet that can pick up brass...

I've seen the shot separators before, do they not work?

The crimper for the P/W I can see being quite simple. I don't know why they don't have a scale on them. Wouldn't take more than a few lines I would think. I'll look into it. Keep 'em coming. Josh

12. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Bulge is a dreamer and I guess the world needs a few of those. I'd like to see some make an adjustable wrench that really works

13. 3dram8

3dram8 Member

I use a disc magnet glued to the end of a dowel rod to pick up hulls that roll under my loading bench. With the brass-headed hulls you just have to get the magnet a little closer to the primer which is steel and sticks very nicely to the magnet. ....Rick

14. Charlie Becknell

Charlie Becknell Well-Known Member

I wish someone would invent a machine that would group 25 reloads into a box. I hate to BOX.

15. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Don.. If you drill and tap the post of the pre-crimper and install a allen head plug screw.. you can easily adjust.. then install the pre crimp and lock it down..

16. jagrdawger

jagrdawger TS Member

Since it needs to be metal....

A shiny brass volume knob in kit form for womens (wife, daughter, mom....) foreheads. See a specific Farside cartoon from the early '80's for an example.

17. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

A 28 ga 303 Beretta with a 30" barrel.

18. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

I've changed my mind about this thread...Maybe it was the way I named this thread. But it was obviously stupid of me to even think people had any ideas that were...practical, possible, etc. Learned my lesson and won't bother again. Thanks to the few who offered. Josh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.