1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Went deep sea fishing today.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Shooting Jack, Jan 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

We left this morning headed 50 miles out from Brunswick Georgia and it was 25 degrees outside. After the first hour of riding in the boat I began to question my sanity. Since we were nearing the reefs we wanted to fish at the end of the second hour I was feeling a little better and it had warmed to 38 degrees. My first fish was a nice snapper 31 inches long and I thought this may be a trip to remember. Well, we unloaded the boat at 430 this afternoon with 30 fish, most of which were B liners and Black sea bass.

What made it special though was when we were coming in we got to see a school of Wright Whales up close, one as close as 50 yards. Several did the tail flip thing just a 100 yards or so from us and that was really cool. I would imagine the tail of the biggest was close to 18 feet wide. It was a sight that I will probably never see again in my lifetime and will be neat to tell my grandchildren about. Jackie B.

2. TC

TC TS Member

Hope you were able to take some pictures. Would be great if you could post a couple. Tony

3. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Deep sea fishing is great. One of the things I miss most in my life is going deep sea fishing with my buddies. What a blast! Don't know why it ended? Nothing like the smell of a diesel motor in the early morning on the water.

4. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

Jack....what are B-liners?? I have no clue!....Uncle Sam,Pa.

5. Shooting Jack

Hello all, I didn't get to take any pictures as my newest digital camera just quit for some unknown reason.

B liners real name is Vermilion Snapper which is a look alike of the red snapper but I've never seen one over five pound as compared to a red that can get over 30 pounds. They are very good eating. I don't know where the name comes from but that's what I've heard them called from South Carolina to Texas. Jackie B.

6. ESMDHokie

ESMDHokie TS Member

Well I call Deep Sea Fishing going out into the gulfstream for Mr. Tuna and Miss Marlin but saltwater fishing is all great.
    Saltwater Fishing is the only kind of fishing for me! I've only ever caught 1 freshwater fish, small enough to fit inside my palm. I'm just hooked on catching fish bigger than I am!

Hokie

7. capnrico

capnrico TS Member

Dragging my tub to Marathon tomorrow from Ohio to do some off-shore fishing. Should be on the Gulf Stream by Thursday. If we land anything worth a post, we will.

8. Shooting Jack

Hope you do good. It's bound to be fun just to get out. Jackie B.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.